Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wish Me Luck

I am turning our blog into a book. A book just for us. Although if you'd like one, you can buy one too, just let me know. There is a site that will just "slurp" your blog up and throw it up into a book. This was entirely too easy for me. Ok, so mostly I just got frustrated with not having the kind of control I wanted, or at least couldn't figure out how to get it. So I've embarked on creating a book in InDesign. It's actually pretty easy to just copy and paste from the blog, the pictures, however, are a pain in the rear. But I know I will be much more satisfied when I am finished. Plus we don't have the money right now to get the book printed, so it's probably a good thing that it will take me awhile to finish. I've worked probably 6 or 7 hours on it so far, have completed 45 pages, which puts me up to August of 2008. And that's before I was writing so frequently. And before the baby pictures. Oh Dear.

Today I had an interview for a job. Babysitting. I am actually really hoping that I get this one. It's a 18-month-old girl, once or twice a week for 10-12 hours at a time. She is a really cute, sweet little girl, she reminds me of Kennady, and has about the same amount of energy. I think they would really like playing together. The pay is pretty good for babysitting, and I'll be happy to make a little money while being with Kennady and she has someone to play with.

I also made arrangements with a friend in the ward to swap babysitting to go workout. I get to workout on Mondays and Wednesdays and she gets Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am going to pretend like I am looking forward to this. Perhaps I will reach my New Year's goal early. Tomorrow is my first day. I think I can, I think I can. I need to find a workout buddy so I won't get so bored or feel so stupid.

Kennady is feeling a little better, I hope that trend continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you have found a potential babysitting job. I hope you get it! I love that about Rexburg that there are so many young moms that are willing to do switches like that. Seriously take advantage of it while you can!!!!

Rebekah said...

Man! I wish I could be your work out buddy. :( I need motivation!! Oh, and what website are you using to make your blog into a book? My mom has been on me to do that with mine.