Thursday, January 28, 2010

Accomplishments

We found the remote. First, you should know that the remote had been missing for over a week and I cleaned the entire house and searched everywhere, but couldn't find it. This story actually occurred yesterday, but I'm just now getting around to posting it. Ben and I were in the kitchen cooking dinner and Kennady was off playing. She walks into the kitchen jabbering, and I turn around to see her waving the remote in the air, grinning mischievously. "Kennady! Where did you get that?" And she throws her head back and laughs.

I finished and filed our taxes (ok, so the state return hasn't been mailed yet, I need Ben's signature and a stapler). We got our final W-2 in the mail today and I had federal done and filed in less than an hour (thanks to some prep work and e-file). State, however has taken me several hours. Stupid online Missouri tax booklet that is missing instructions and tax tables, and non workable pdfs. Technically we don't even have to file state, but I'd like a refund. It's like making a ridiculous amount of money per hour. Clearly we are getting a refund or I probably wouldn't do them so quickly.

It's the 28th and we still have money left in our budget! Ok, not much, but we have no plans of spending anything in the next 3 days (um, I really hope that I didn't jinx us by posting this early, but I figured since the title was accomplishments this would be the place to do it). We are really going to do it! Our budget isn't unrealistic, it just takes a lot of will power.

I managed to save $48 at the grocery store (I only spent $24). Gotta love Albertson's annual Quaker Oats sale. We are stocked up on Life, Peanut Butter Crunch, Crunch Berries, oatmeal, instant oatmeal and granola bars at $1 a box. And bacon. That wasn't part of the Quaker Oat deal, but it was buy one get one free. So I should admit that the $24 I spent was actually over our budget. But I thought I would save myself a trip to the grocery store on Tuesday (the first day of the month that I am not babysitting all day), and just give myself an advance on next month's budget. I think it's fair.

Um, I've cleaned my house. Sorta. I get one room clean and by the time I'm done with the next, the first one is a mess again. Maybe tomorrow when Kennady gets to go Kendra's niece sleepover (Kendra wins the best aunt award for this month) I can accomplish that.

Oh shoot. I just remembered that I was supposed to make pumpkin bars tonight for dinner tomorrow. Maybe I can just do it in the morning. We are having dinner with some friends in the ward that are from Brazil, and they are making traditional Brazilian barbecue. Yummm. If you have never had any, you should, and you should be very jealous. Ben is stoked because he served his mission in Brazil and not only will he loooooove the food, he'll get to brush up on his Portuguese. I have a feeling that I may do a lot of smiling and nodding at dinner tomorrow, but hey, I'll be so busy chowing down it won't matter.

No comments: