Little did I know how much I would need that nap. Thursday Kennady woke up super early. Ok, so maybe I wasn't the one that got up with her in the first place, or maybe I was. I honestly don't remember. I know Ben is supposed to leave at 7 a.m., but whether or not he actually did or if he stayed and helped with Kennady I am not sure. I do remember that he stayed long enough for me to get a shower. And then I got Kennady and myself ready.
We went to the grocery store. Yes, that early in the morning (ok, by then it was 9 a.m.). But I figured if I didn't get my grocery shopping done before we went to the doctor Kennady would be super tired and grouchy afterward and I wouldn't get it done. So to the grocery store. Then to the doctor. We got back in a room really quickly (which is good because I hate waiting in germ infested waiting rooms), and then the PA tried to take Kennady's temperature. Kennady was not cooperative, and neither was the thermometer. And then it took a while longer than usual for the doctor to come it. The good news is that Kennady's left ear is completely better and her right is well on its way there. So no tubes for now.
Then we went to the bank. And I was right, because Kennady was very tired, so we went home, ate lunch and then she took a nap. I took this down time to clean up the disaster in our house, since I was watching Dana at 2. I would hate to take my kid to someone's house and walk in and see a giant mess. I got it cleaned up and Dana got here before Kennady woke up. They played together and I was able to get a load of laundry done. After Dana left Kennady got another nap and I cleaned the kitchen and made dinner (I think it was like the third day in a row, gold star for me). Then I made banana bread. And the kitchen was still clean, it was amazing. Thursday is my t.v. night. I know, I am a bum, 2 hours of t.v. I think I have tried to get to bed early every night this week, and failed. Oh, and I got a call Thursday night from the girl I babysit for hoping I could babysit Friday. I said yes.
So Friday I got up before the sun, got myself ready and packed stuff for the day, then got Kennady up and threw a coat on her and we were out the door. The day went really well, Kennady and Bailey are great friends and mostly want nothing to do with me except when they are hungry. I do have a hard time with the meals, because it seems there is nothing that they both like. Bailey likes breakfast foods that I have to cook. Bleh. I prefer kids eat cereal. But I did manage to make some scrambled eggs and biscuits, not to mention I brought homemade banana bread with me. Kennady just ate banana bread. They both took naps at the same time (point for me). I got a short nap myself (good thing or I might have passed out later in the day). And then they woke up a mere 45 minutes later (point lost). Pizza for lunch. Kennady ate a ton, Bailey just wanted a cheese stick. Around 4 I put Kennady down for another nap and put on a movie for Bailey so I could clean up the disaster that used to be their living room. Just as I got the place cleaned up and sat on the couch to take a breath, Andy (Bailey's dad) returned. Meaning I had to wake Kennady up from her nap. Not good. Then home and Ben made us dinner (stroganoff). Kennady went to bed easily and we had date night. We stayed up way too late playing Ticket to Ride, because we both hate to lose that game. I did win 2 out of 3. Did you know the most points you can get is 290? Not because either of us actually scored that high, but because we spent the time to figure it out.
Today I did get to sleep in because Ben is wonderful. Ben had tests and studying to do, so Kennady and I got ready and went down to Idaho Falls. Kennady napped on the way down. We picked up Kendra and went to Sam's Club, because we were almost out of diapers. I bought the cheap brand instead of Huggies (buying Huggies at Sam's Club is cheaper than buying cheap diapers at WalMart). So far they seem to work fine. I guess we'll see in the morning. Then we took Kennady to the movie theater for the first time. We saw Planet 51, the cartoon alien movie. I figured it was a safe choice for her first movie- a silly cartoon, Saturday matinee at the cheap theater. I even bought popcorn, soda (I then filled her sippy with lemonade) and candy (which Kendra ate all of). Kennady sat and watched the first 45 minutes of the movie, eating popcorn and drinking lemonade. Then the she hit her sugar high (um, wow, remind me that she does not need lots of sugar). She was jumping and climbing all over the place. But she was doing so pretty quietly and in a good mood, so we made it all the way through the movie. Then we went to Kendra's house and changed her very wet diaper (the first of 3 or 4 in a row) and she played with Indie (their dog) for awhile.
Then home. She slept on the way home. And was still sleeping when we got here, so Ben carried her in and put her in bed and then left for work. I made dinner using the frozen meatballs I bought at Sam's Club. Best invention ever. Fully cooked and ready to go hamburger. Why didn't I think of this before? Like a 100 different meals, cheaper than I can buy hamburger and a lot quicker. And then Kennady woke up. Screaming. I tried everything- took off her clothes, changed her diaper, a cool rag, cartoons, reading a book, going outside, water, juice, milk, banana bread and then fruit snacks. When she started eating the fruit snacks but was still screaming, I got kinda worried (this had been going on for 30 minutes now) that she was sick of something and she was holding her tummy all tight. So I called Ben, he came home from work and checked her out. Then he took her outside and she stopped. What? I already tried that! Apparently she just wanted her daddy. She took her binky, then drank some juice and plopped down in front of Merry Madagascar. And there she remained for the next couple of hours. She didn't want to eat dinner. She just wanted to go back to bed. Poor girl. I hope she wakes up in a better mood tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment