Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Break

Sorry about the unexpected hiatus. And there will be no pictures for awhile, because I forgot to get them from Mom's camera before she left. Ben finally finished up with his classes!! It was sometime on Monday the 21st. Which was the same day that Mom and Dustin got here. I don't really recall all the things that happened in the last week or so. I just know that I was busier on my "break" than I normally am. And we had a lot of fun. So I'll try to sum up the whole holiday period without using sentences. Well, ok, so maybe some will be sentences, but probably not compound or complex.

Dirty house. Teething baby (3 big ones). Sinus infections all around. Last minute shopping. Power outages. Frantic baking for holiday orders. Forgetting 4 eggs in pumpkin bars. Turned out ok. Lots of treats. Snowboarding. I'm still sore. It's better than skiing. Footie pajamas. Returned. Dad's flight delayed. Missed connecting flight. Had Christmas in Denver. Got to Idaho Falls around 11. Opened presents around midnight. Kennady's Christmas the next morning. Lots of toys. Lots of games. Monopoly still causes family feuds.

I was interrupted and Ben posted this post before it was finished. Shall I continue?

Cheesecake. Birthday songs. Ticket to Ride. Cookies. Big Jud's giant hamburger. Bowling. I didn't win. Sleeping in the cold. Kennady waking up at 3:30 to play. Heater broke on Mom & Dad's car. Got that fixed. Ben had to work. Set up Skype. Got an external hard drive from Dad & Mom Nelson. Computer is functioning normally again. Terrible twos struck early with full-blown fits lasting over half an hour. Lots of snow. Everybody left.

I think that pretty much sums it up. Kennady got totally spoiled for Christmas. A dolly, a little dog you pull on a string and it barks, Mr. Potato Head deluxe set, a fold up table and two chairs (she refuses to eat in her high chair now, and won't actually sit in the chair, but stands on it to eat, then climbs onto the table and uses that to climb onto our big table), Merry Madagascar, a blanket, a pig shaped ball that giggles and bounces, a little safari set, a truck, pajamas (several pairs), some clothes, and lots of little things in her stocking. Dustin does win the prize for getting her the most-adored present this year. He got her a LeapFrog My Pal puppy. We programmed it and it knows her name, favorite animal, color & food and sings songs to her. She likes to dance around with it. I think it's pretty cute. I wish it wouldn't say "I'm hungry. Could I have a snack please? I really like lasagna (this is what we said is her favorite food)" I'm sure one day it really will get fed lasagna.

Kennady is finally starting to feel better after antibiotics to get rid of her sinus infection and her three teeth have finally cut through. She still is throwing two-year-old tantrums. I thought this might be coming sooner rather than later, because she's pretty far ahead for her age. Yesterday's was the worse. She decided she didn't want her poopy diaper changed. 30 minutes later, there was poop all over her pajamas and the floor and she was rolling around on the floor screaming without a diaper on. She finally noticed that I'd left the room and she came into the living room and continued screaming for another 15 minutes until I wrestled a diaper on her and got her calmed down. And then she got a nap.

Ben starts classes Tuesday. The break was not long enough. But it means we are one step closer to graduation. He starts working on campus tomorrow. Six to midnight. He works the same shift Saturday nights. He's taking Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry II, Physics II, & Human Anatomy. And he'll still be working on the brain project. I hope he survives the semester.

2 comments:

Rory said...

I really, really wish I didn't despise Monopoly. I wish I could like it, but I don't. Not possible.

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I have to two words for you! "Time Out" I love time outs for me and Russell They are very need in this house.

Sounds like you had another busy holiday. One of these days we need to meet up and have a true vaction full of relaxation. What do you say?