Monday, January 11, 2010
:(
Took Kennady to the doctor. She's a sicky. New antibiotics and more cough medicine. She did not like the doctor (she doesn't like many people today, but especially the ones that poke and prod her). They also did her Well Child Check while we were there. 30 inches tall and 20 lbs 5 oz. She's in the 50th percentile for her height and only 10th for her weight. Probably because she's not been eating well with her 4 molars and 1 canine coming in and being sick. Developmentally she's about 4 or 5 months ahead, which Dr. Jones was relieved about because, and this is why :( is the name of the post, she still has the same ear infection she had over 3 months ago. He says it probably doesn't bother her, but there is fluid behind her ear. This has probably caused her to lose some of her hearing, which can lead to speech delay (um, well, she's a chatterbox and we can understand 80% of what she says...so I don't think it's a problem yet). If it's not gone by Thursday with the new antibiotics then he's referring us to an ENT (Ear, nose and throat specialist) to talk about putting a tube in her ear. :( I'd really prefer my baby not have to have surgery, even if it only takes 5 minutes and causes very little pain. If she's anything like me the general anesthetic will make her vomit for the following 48 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww, poor little thing. We will keep her in our prayers. Give her a big kiss on the head from us!
My sister had tubes in her ears. She would get ear aches all the time. The tubes really did help a lot. But I hope in your case everything just clears up before than.
Take care and sleep when ever you get the chance.
I remember when I had tubes put in my ears. It made life so much better and it wasn't very scary at all. I think I was 5 and it has to be one of my earliest memories.
Post a Comment