It's finally the weekend and I am sick. I do feel a little better than yesterday, but I am sure I look a lot worse, and therefore probably shouldn't spend much time in public, except to buy cold medicine and tissues. Toilet paper works pretty well when you only have to blow your nose 2 or 3 times a day. But when it's every 5 minutes, you need the expensive ultra soft tissues.
Kennady is not at all sick anymore, which is great, except that she has tons of energy and I have none. Poor girl is nearly bored out of her mind (and definitely bored to tears). Ben is sick too, but he has a ton of stuff to do. Right now he is taking a test. Then he goes to work at 6 tonight. Luckily, I don't think he is quite as miserable as I am, but I'm sure he's tired because my coughing kept him up last night. We do get to have a two hour date today. But, like I said, I shouldn't be out in public with my snotty nose, so I think we are just going to cook dinner or something. The good thing about this is that it is free, so we can save up our date budget to blow on one big spectacular date (assuming we ever find the time to go on one). And I'm not sure how spectacular $25 will get you. Maybe dinner at Johnny Carino's if they are still running a special.
Pretty much we are super boring right now. Which will be perfectly fine with me as soon as everyone is feeling better.
1 comment:
Okay, I have been horrible about commenting on all your fun, cute, and amusing stories about all that is your life lately but I do hop over here and read every once in a while when I catch a minute! Haha, so anyway, I wanted to say hello and that I am sorry you are sick! It is the worst! I never know which is worst...being sick at the same time your kids are (because then you can't take care of them quite as well) or being sick when they aren't (because then you can't keep up with them and they get all irritated!). Either way, no fun for you right now and can I just say that I admire you and Ben so much for how hard you are working to get him through school? I mean, he has to work so hard with school and work, etc. And you have to work so hard taking care of your little one, babysitting, cleaning, all the stuff that will just drive you mad...and do it with your husband being so busy.
You guys are awesome and you will make it through the next crazy schooling years with flying colors!! But for now...just rest as much as you can, with those soft tissues in hand. If all else fails, buy a cheap box of tissues along with your fancy ones for Kennady to pull out one by one and scatter everywhere...it will keep her busy for a bit. :)
Post a Comment