Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kennady's First Sleepover

I should probably wait for this post until Kendra sends me the pictures, but who knows when that will be, and I have a little time right now. Kendra and Nathan bravely held a niece sleepover. Kennady (15 months), Bailey (around 20 mo.) and Kyla (3 1/2?). I took Kennady down to their house around 6 last night, and the other two got there around 7 or something. I don't know the exact goings on, but I do know that Kennady had a blast! There was a giant balloon pit, movies, staying up late, and a trip to Coldstone today. Maybe Kendra will post about everything they did. Kendra said Kennady hardly cried and was good. I guess she did wake up at 5:30 this morning, and Kendra ended up moving her into her bed. I don't think Kendra got much sleep though (between kids refusing to go to sleep and waking up).

Ben and I had fun. We went to our friends the Da Silvas for dinner. Excellent! Ben was so happy to have some Brazilian food, and I really like it too. They were so nice to barbecue for us, and Janna went through a lot of work to make the rest of dinner (I wish I could make beans taste as good as she did!). We brought pumpkin bars (I remembered the eggs this time) and the Halls brought brownies...there was plenty to eat. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay long because Ben had to go take a test. I was going to go work out while he was taking the test, but I was way too full. I know, workout failure this week. I probably gained weight. But food is good.

Ben got back pretty late, so we played the train game and then tried to figure out what we were going to do today and then we went to bed. And we slept in! It was wonderful! Ben actually woke up before I did and he brought me breakfast in bed. Then we headed to Idaho Falls and just puttered around the mall. And then to Texas Roadhouse for my all-time favorite meal: rolls and cheesefries. Like I said, I've probably gained weight this week. But I am just happy to have made it through the week alive.

We picked up Kennady around 1:30, and she didn't want to leave! She also had on a new outfit. Spoiled! I think Kendra and Nathan need to have more niece sleepovers. We came home and everyone got a nap! I love it when that happens. Ben worked on the car. He says that it's running a lot smoother, I've yet to drive it, but I hope he's right.

And tonight I've been working on a campaign poster for my cousin Mica, she's running for school board in Branson. So if you live in Branson you should vote for her. And spread the word. Here's the sign, in all it's unfinished glory. It may look significantly different in the future, because Mica hasn't seen it yet.

No comments: