Ben's at work, and since he posted earlier, I figured I should get my two cents in. Plus I have nothing else to do and it's a bit early to go to sleep. First, my poor Ben, he has to put up with me trying really hard to be nice. I do try hard, I'm glad he can tell, but I'm afraid my efforts fall short sometimes.
Once again, I've been having contractions all day. Not so fun. "Sweet" was a mostly sarcastic adjective. Although they would be truly sweet if they would go into real labor- you know the kind that ends with a baby within 24 hours. I'm not counting on that happening anytime soon. My plan is to keep walking everyday, regardless of how nasty the weather is, and hope this girl comes before I have to make a decision about inducing her. I don't really want to induce her because it means a longer, more painful labor and a greater chance of a c-section. But my doctor won't let me go past 40 weeks (and that sounds rather like torture to me too). And I have this nagging feeling that she has no intentions of coming anytime before 41 weeks, which means we would be inducing on the 27. She adds a half pound (or probably more) every week, which means she's a little over 7 1/2 lbs now, will be 8 lbs on the 21 or 8 1/2 lbs on the 27. If we have to induce wouldn't it be easier if she was smaller? And if we have to induce either way, I'd prefer a week earlier, I am so very tired of contractions.
In other news, I am almost out of Lucky Charms. I told Ben we weren't buying any more snack food until our cereal is gone, so that means I probably shouldn't buy any more Lucky Charms until the Cheerios, Kix, Honey Bunches of Oats and Frosted Mini Wheats are gone (I am trying to decide if the oatmeal and Cream 'O Wheat count too). I wish I liked healthy cereal. The only way I can think to be fair is if someone else buys me Lucky Charms, and then I wouldn't be being hypocritical. So I'm taking donations.
Let's see, what else? Ben has a cold. I feel bad for him and he won't let me kiss him on the lips. I hope it goes away soon. I'm having a baby shower this Saturday, and you are all invited (well, those of you that are female), and the baby loves Lucky Charms. We didn't get very much snow this weekend like we were supposed to, I am thankful for that. I have a dr.'s appointment on Wednesday, it would be nice if it didn't ruin my whole day like it has for the last 2 or 3 appointments. Mom comes on Friday!! Hmm, that's all.
2 comments:
I am on my way with Lucky Charms!!Yay!!! be there on Friday. Hang in there!
Kortney, I need your address! My husband won't let me drive to Idaho this weekend! (Something about gas prices, and Idaho snow ...)
Post a Comment