Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Know a Secret

Yep, we did the ultrasound and I know how much she weighs. Unfortunately they didn't do the length, so we'll have to cut that out of the contest. Don't worry, I won't give you the results until 5 p.m. tomorrow, as promised, so everyone can have a fair chance to get in their vote.

For some reason I was more anxious and excited for this ultrasound than I was for any of the other ones. Perhaps it's all those dreams I've been having that she comes out a boy. Today we got a 100% girl and a picture to prove it and it made me feel a lot better. She is perfectly healthy and everything looks wonderful and it makes me a very happy and much less worried mama. She pretty much refuses to move from my right side and likes to sit with her feet and bum under my ribs. The ultrasound confirmed that it really is her little feet that like to jab me all day long. The coolest part of the ultrasound was that we now know she has hair! I didn't know you could see hair on an ultrasound, but sure enough, it was there! So now we know we won't have a funny looking bald baby (no offense to those who do).

2 comments:

Emily said...

How exciting to know for sure that it is a girl! :)

munyer jerk chicken said...

I hadn't read on your blog in a while and it's been so fun to catch up. I can't believe how close you are! I loved the post where you answered your aunt's questions... very sweet. I also laughed at the pop tarts picture because I think you guys left us a package or two when you moved and nobody would eat them cause they'd never seen them before! Too funny. Best wishes in these final stages!