As you all know, Ben and I won a trip to Paris by correctly guessing our baby's weight. Jeff was wondering how we were going to split the trip. Well, you see, I can't fly anymore, they won't even let me near an airplane at this point. And, even if they would, I don't think I could withstand the double-digit hour flight. Although it would be kind of cool to have a baby over international waters. Since we couldn't go to France, we had to bring Paris to us.
Ok, maybe it was a lame date idea, but it seemed better than dinner and a movie- again. We decked out the apartment (on our we're-having-a-baby-in-two-weeks budget), made delicious crepes, ate grapes, sipped on sparkling grape juice and watched the only French themed movie we could find at the $.50 rental store (which was a task in itself because the movies are in no particular order whatsoever)- The Man in the Iron Mask. With the Eiffel Tower look-a-like in the background, we happliy enjoyed our fruit pizza for dessert. I don't think fruit pizza is French, but I was really craving it. I'm sure all the sugar in it added another half pound to our little girl. We ended the evening with a good make out session, which we call French kissing in America.
Saturday Ben headed off to work - and returned 30 minutes later. For the first time in BYU-Idaho history they decided to close the gym for General Conference. Unfortunately they forgot to mention it to their employees. We were glad to get to watch conference together and I was especially excited by the announcement of the temple in Kansas City. After Ben attended the priesthood session, we went out for ice-cream. He said that traditionally the boys all get ice-cream afterwards (and presumably the girls don't), but he didn't want to get ice-cream by himself.Sunday we got to hear more words from our prophet. I particularly enjoyed President Monson's talk about finding joy in the journey. I've been working very hard recently to enjoy where I am and what I am doing at the moment instead of fretting about upcoming events, or twiddling my fingers waiting for them to happen. During the break we went to Greg and Kandice's for cheese sandwiches, our Sunday tradition. Marlene got to come over for the afternoon session, and Kendra and Nathan showed up too. After our spiritual feast, we had a Mexican feast- Mexican lasagna, Mexican rice, refried beans, chips & salsa, and cornbread. I made the cornbread from scratch and it actually turned out just as good, if not better, than Jiffy, I was suprised.
1 comment:
I am so glad that you can cook! I haven't failed as a mother!!
Post a Comment