Monday, October 6, 2008

Ben's Got Babies on the Brain

I'm sure everyone wonders what Ben does all day, since he never makes his own entries on the blog anymore. He goes to class, does homework, goes to Neuroscience Academic Society meetings, goes to work in the men's locker room, washes dishes, babysits, works on the brain project, plays an occasional game of NFL Blitz, gives me back massages and helps make dinner. So it's pretty much true that I have the best husband ever.
This is Ben working on the brain project. They are taking pictures of brains, labeling the pictures and using them to create a computer program that will help other students to study. Ben spends a few hours a week helping to prepare the brains for photographing and then he (and sometimes I help) cleans up the images on Photoshop to get really beautiful pictures of brains. I guess we could call them glamour shots. He finds the whole thing very fascinating. I am concerned that he only has on one glove. Not only is Ben fascinated by the brain, but he does really well in his classes involving the brain. He got the highest score on his last test in his Sensations and Perceptions class!
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday we watch Kari's baby, Garrek, from 9-11 a.m., while she's in class. Originally I was supposed to be the babysitter. Then Ben decided to come home during that time to help me out when I wasn't feeling so well, and he got hooked. This kid loves Ben and wants nothing to do with me when Ben is anywhere in sight. Ben loves to play with babies and is glad that he finally has something to push around in the stroller.

Put the two together and what do you get? A pediatric neurosurgeon. Yea, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when Ben announced today that that is what he wants to be when he grows up... in like 15 years (the amount of schooling he has left).

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Those aren't actually REAL brains are they??? Where does he get them? Or does he make them from something? Weird.