Friday, October 17, 2008

My Quirks

Alright, I'll play along. I'm pretty sure I have more than eight quirks, although there is a fine line between quirks and bad habits.

1. When I move somewhere new I find the shortest routes between where I am and the places I go. These routes are traffic, stop light and weather dependent. So if a light is green it will determine whether I go straight or turn. In this small of a town it only makes a difference of a minute or so, in Branson it can make the difference of a half hour or more. I guess the really quirky part of this is that I get frustrated when other people driving don't take the right route, like they should know or something.

2. I can taste minute amounts of chocolate. I don't like chocolate. I can very rarely get ice cream or shakes from a fast food place, because they don't keep their machines clean and I can almost always detect chocolate in my vanilla shake. Also if we are serving ice cream, either we have to use a separate scoop for the chocolate, wash the scoop between ice creams or we have to dish up mine first. Simply rinsing is not good enough.

3. I don't like chocolate. I don't like peanut butter. Perhaps that's two quirks, but I wasn't counting them, here's the quirk: mix them together (with a lot of added sugar) and it is really good. Think Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

4. My feet. If I have socks on and you have socks on, and you touch my feet with your feet I will freak out. If I have socks on and you don't, it may or may not make me freak out, depending on the temperature of my feet at the time. If you have socks on and I don't, not only will I freak out, but it makes me gag. If neither of us have socks on, don't even think about it unless you are my husband and I am cold.

5. Liquids don't mix with cereal. It's not just that I don't like milk (I think I have a lot of food quirks, maybe I am just picky), I've tried water and orange juice, and those don't work either. In my opinion cereal was meant to be eaten dry, that's why there's so much sugar in it.

6. Water. Cold water is meant for drinking. I won't drink warm water, even if I am really thirsty and on the brink of dehydration. It must be cold, the colder the better. Cold water, however, is not meant for swimming. I don't understand why people swim in lakes and rivers in Idaho; it's cold, and therefore not any fun. Unless it's over 105 degrees, I like my swimming water on the low end of bath-water warm. Hot water is for showers. Really hot. We tried to turn the thermostat on our water heater to conserve energy and save money, but it only lasted a few days because my showers would not get as hot as I like them.

7. I am much more likely to put my clothes in a hamper (as opposed to the bedroom floor) if I have two hampers- one for lights and one for darks. Something about having to sort the laundry from the hamper before I wash it seems really pointless. We have three hampers, one for lights, one for darks, and one for clean clothes that need to be folded. The partitioned hampers won't work- I like them to come apart.

8. I like to do math problems and other mundane homework. Especially when it's someone else's homework and especially when I can trade it for them doing something I really don't like to do. Sometimes I get mad at Ben because he won't let me do his homework, even when it's the stupid busy work kind.

And now I tag .... Monique.

3 comments:

Devon said...

The Doctor told me that you would outgrow all those food Quirks when you were three- You didnt!

mk said...

It was HARD to come up with those!

Amberly said...

I really like the three-hamper idea! Why didn't I think of that?