
There are only five days standing between me and my baby. That and one nasty cold. I've dubbed it the Godzilla cold, because it's big, green and nasty and ruining everything. And yes, this is the same cold that Ben had, only mine seems to be angrier. I woke up with a slight tickle in my throat on Tuesday morning, and by noon there was no denying that I was sick. Wednesday I had my last (fingers crossed) doctor's appointment. Everything there is going fine, and we are still scheduled to induce on Tuesday. I told him I was worried about inducing while I was sick, and he said that this nasty little bug has been lasting anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks, and we might as well go ahead with it so then I can start taking something to make me feel better. Cold and cough relieving drugs are off limits this close to delivery, because the same thing that dries up snot would dry up the baby's amniotic fluid. We also found out why, maybe, all these contractions have been doing nothing except making me grouchy. There is extra amniotic fluid, which keeps the contractions from doing much work. At least there is a reason, I suppose. It makes me wonder why I can't take any cough medicine and dry some of it (and my sinuses) up. Hopefully I can stop being sick and get rested enough to have this kid.
2 comments:
You need you momma to come take care of you!! see you very soon!
Oh gosh I totally remember those days! The first thing I ever thought of after I had my babies was that I was sooooo excited to not be prego anymore. Hang in there girlie, you are almost done! I can't wait to see some pictures of the new addition to the Nelson Family!!
Post a Comment