We got to meet Kristi's family over cheese sandwiches and took family pictures. I'm sure it's not the best overall picture out of what we took, but it's the best of Ben and I, and it's our blog.
That night we did a family project. Rob, Kristi, Marlene, Dan, Ben and I worked on a slideshow for the upcoming family reunion. We had 4 computers going. Around 1 am I quit, so Ben did the majority of the slideshow. When I got up to use the bathroom at 5:30, Ben, Rob and Dan were all still up working. I helped Ben for the next 3 hours, and after many Mac/PC compatibility issues, we finally finished our part. And then we left for Idaho. I drove for the next 5 hours (that's the whole trip) and Ben slept. Normally I wouldn't have allowed this, but I figured he'd be doing most of the moving and working.We got back just in time for our doctor's appointment. My blood pressure was high (imagine that). We really like our dr. He spent over 30 minutes talking with us and answering questions, and he didn't answer one question with "I don't know." On Tuesday I got to do the glucose screening. I picked orange flavor, and would recommend it. It tastes like McDonald's orange drink. Unfortunately I failed that test. Ben suggested that I should have studied. So I got to go and do the 3 hour test yesterday. Not so fun. Ben took the day off because he had a lot of things to do (get a new driver's license, insurance stuff) so he was able to go with me. Good thing: I hate needles. The first stick wasn't bad. After the 2nd/3rd, I nearly passed out. That time they put in an IV thingy so they didn't have to stick me again, which I appreciated. Fasting for 12 hours and then having only super koolaid for breakfast is not the best of ideas, I wonder who came up with this test. It made me feel pretty sick. And then, according to the quick results they did in the office, I failed that test. So I started worrying about what in the world I was going to eat for the next 3 months and how I could ever manage to have a 9+ lbs. child and how this little girl might never have any little brothers or sisters. It was a bad day. Then I got a call from the dr, and the official test results came back, and I passed, by the skin of my teeth. Thank goodness for grading on a curve. I still will have to cut back on sugars, fats and start walking everyday, but at least I can have an occasional bowl of ice cream. And my dr said he'll keep an eye on how big she is getting so I don't have a 9+ lbs baby. Which means I'll probably have a baby before Oct. 27. I want a big sugary cake for my birthday.
Wednesday I spent the day with Kendra. We did a lot of shopping and registered at ToysRUs. It was a fun day. And she gave us tons more baby stuff- a Pack N Play, a travel system, a swing, an overhead play gym thing and lots of cute clothes. This little girl is spoiled.
Now we are just unpacking our apartment. I forgot how much stuff we have. I am kinda thinking if we didn't miss it for 6 months then maybe we don't need a lot of it. Perhaps we will have a garage sale. Hopefully we can clean up this mess soon and then I real really feel at home and will take pictures of our apartment for the blog. (I'm not embarrassed of this one). Mostly I just want to clean up the rest of the apartment so I can start decorating the baby's room.
1 comment:
I hate that sugar test- Wow you almost failed- I don't like the tests because you do feel like you are being graded. It makes me miss school when I had more control of my grades. Great pictures though!
Post a Comment