Monday, August 25, 2008

My Sew Called Life

Ok, here's a picture of those mugs we made for our anniversary. They arrived a few weeks ago and we've been enjoying them since. Ben calls his Kindergarten art. They are sitting on our new free rocker/glider. Hopefully sometime I'll actually get the cushions recovered so the fabric won't just be draped over it.

Bad news. The floor in the kitchen is linoleum. Good news- our manager came an looked and it sounds like we won't have to replace the entire floor, just part of it. And she'll probably let Ben do the work. And they have leftover linoleum from the last kitchen floor they redid, so it should turn out ok.

Once we figured that out, we decided we could afford a sewing machine. So we went and bought the cheapie at WalMart. It's probably all the sewing machine I will ever need. And I bought a pattern and fabric to make a dress for our little girl. Poor thing. We spent last night wrestling with the machine and trying to figure out how in the world you read patterns. In the end we got the machine working properly and I got one seam sewn. I will call that success. I don't know how the dress will turn out though. Danielle, an old roommate, is going to give Kari and I lessons on how to sew. Mom offered, but by the time she gets here I'll have very little time to sew.
I also finished one of the baby blankets that I have been working on. I need to start another one ASAP, because everyone is having a baby and I have a lot of baby showers coming up.

Hmm, this post is kind of boring. At least there are pictures. I'll try to do something more interesting this week. No guarantees.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Excellent! Sewing must be a blast! The only thing I every TRIED to sew was some shorts and a shirt. Brooke knows all too well how that one turned out :(

I promise your blog is not boring. I love hearing about the little things going on in my family members' lives and keeping up with the many small life victories that add up life defining moments.

Take photos of Ben replacing the floor. That sounds like too much fun to miss.

You both and a half take care now.