Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Love Kortney Day

I know, everyone thinks that they have the best husband, but I can assure you mine is the best. I have proof.

Yesterday, when I said I wanted some cheese fries, he took me to Texas Roadhouse for just that. And then when the cheese fries made me feel sick he gave me a super long really nice back massage, and he didn't even complain when I wanted to go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night. Then when I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning all puffy (I forgot how much salt is in cheese fries), he got up and brought me water and then he offered to put on his coat and go for a walk with me. I declined and instead took a short walk around the apartment before crashing back into bed. This morning he woke me up with breakfast- scrambled eggs and rolls (leftover from Texas Roadhouse) and said "Happy I Love Kortney Day." Awww. When I finished my breakfast, he took my dishes and told me to go back to sleep. So I did. When I woke up he had cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, and was running a load of laundry. Then he said, "You go take a shower, I'm going to go fix the car." He briefly came in from fixing the car, asked if I would like to go see a movie with him this afternoon, and then kindly asked if I could switch the laundry. And he's agreed that tonight is spa night, which means I get a pedicure. Isn't he wonderful? I'm just going to mark August 16 as "I Love Kortney Day" on the calendar and see if the tradition sticks around next year.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Super! It is exciting to hear about how awesome my cousins and the their spouses are! I love not only hearing how well you treat one another, but seeing how well you praise each other.