Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yay for Good Haircuts, Boo for Bad Toasters

Yesterday as I was getting ready for the day, I got really frustrated with my hair and decided that it needed to be cut. Unfortunately there were scissors in close proximity, so I started whacking away at my hair. All the whacking I was doing wasn't doing any good, so I stopped while I was still ahead. Luckily I have a lot of hair. And then, today, as I was getting ready, I had the same urge to pick up the scissors, so I decided I needed professional help, or at least pre-professional help. There's a beauty school within a block of our new apartment and they had an opening this morning. I had no idea what I wanted done to my hair, I just needed something different, so this is what I ended up with. I really like it. We'll see what Ben thinks when he gets home.

My next plan for my hair is to dye it red. Now that there's no so much of it (she thinned about 1/2 of it) I should be able to use 1 box of dye.

Ok, now for the bad little toaster. Never trust a toaster that has no brand identification on it whatsoever. Someone is ashamed of this toaster, and they should be. I have previously known that our toaster was junk, but in the 6 months of storage, and maybe a little bit of the pregnant thing, I forgot. I'm in the process of making deviled eggs for a dinner we are going to tonight and I thought I would throw in a couple extra eggs so I could have an egg salad sandwich for lunch. Everyone knows egg salad sandwiches are best on toasted bread. So I take the last 2 slices of bread and put them in the toaster. Since it's been so long since I used the toaster I was prepared to watch the toast carefully. I am watching the toast, it's taking forever, so I reach up to get a plate and simultaneously I smell burning toast. Sure enough, the toast was burnt- so burnt that I am surprised it didn't catch fire. How this happened in less than 3 seconds? The toaster is evil and very smart. I did, however, get my egg salad sandwich, on untoasted bread, because I remembered we bought a whole new loaf last night.

3 comments:

munyer jerk chicken said...

I hope Ben likes it... I do!!! You're much braver than I am taking the scissors to it yourself. I've wanted to do that several times, but I'm too much of a chicken. As for the toaster and the lack of brand names... I know all about that stuff. The little dial that tells you how toasted you want it does absolutely nothing. It's all a guessing game for us.

kaleen said...

lol wow that IS real brave of you to just pick up some scissors and get within even an inch of your hair! Turned out good though! Have fun with it :D

Jeff said...

Is it safe to say that a toaster that will turn on you the moment you turn your back on it is a "Brave Little Toaster?"