I can't believe it's been a whole year already! And I certainly never thought the first year would go like it did. I also never thought I would be 27 weeks pregnant on our first anniversary. I've been told the first year of marriage is the hardest. If that's true, we are pretty set for life (well and eternity). It was a great first year, full of lots of adventure and new things. I mean who gets a 6 month honeymoon in Alaska? Over the last year I've discovered that my husband is wonderful! I knew he was a pretty good catch when I married him, but he's only gotten better since we've been married. I am so excited that I'll get to see him be a dad in a few short months, he's going to be the best dad ever. For our anniversary we got to spend the day out on the town. We had a lot of fun. We went to Tucano's, a Brazilian restaurant. For those that don't know, you sit down and they bring around the meat on spits. You let them know if you want it or not, and they just keep bringing it until you cry mercy. We both ate WAY too much. I was sure my stomach was going to explode, there is just no room in there. Ben loved the food, especially the grilled pineapple. After that we went to a place where you can decorate your own pottery. We painted matching mugs. Most people spend an hour or so doing this, we spent over 3 1/2. We should be seeing the pottery in the mail any day now, and then I'll post a picture. That night we didn't stay at Rob & Kristi's, but we got a hotel (thanks Dad!). Maybe it's not as good as that trip to Hawaii I was originally planning on, but we both had a lot of fun. Besides, if we had gone to Hawaii on our first anniversary, what would we have to look forward to for the next 20 years?
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Happy Anniversary!
I can't believe it's been a whole year already! And I certainly never thought the first year would go like it did. I also never thought I would be 27 weeks pregnant on our first anniversary. I've been told the first year of marriage is the hardest. If that's true, we are pretty set for life (well and eternity). It was a great first year, full of lots of adventure and new things. I mean who gets a 6 month honeymoon in Alaska? Over the last year I've discovered that my husband is wonderful! I knew he was a pretty good catch when I married him, but he's only gotten better since we've been married. I am so excited that I'll get to see him be a dad in a few short months, he's going to be the best dad ever. For our anniversary we got to spend the day out on the town. We had a lot of fun. We went to Tucano's, a Brazilian restaurant. For those that don't know, you sit down and they bring around the meat on spits. You let them know if you want it or not, and they just keep bringing it until you cry mercy. We both ate WAY too much. I was sure my stomach was going to explode, there is just no room in there. Ben loved the food, especially the grilled pineapple. After that we went to a place where you can decorate your own pottery. We painted matching mugs. Most people spend an hour or so doing this, we spent over 3 1/2. We should be seeing the pottery in the mail any day now, and then I'll post a picture. That night we didn't stay at Rob & Kristi's, but we got a hotel (thanks Dad!). Maybe it's not as good as that trip to Hawaii I was originally planning on, but we both had a lot of fun. Besides, if we had gone to Hawaii on our first anniversary, what would we have to look forward to for the next 20 years?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
post a picture of you mugs!
Post a Comment