So blogging hasn't exactly been at the top of the priority list this week. And, before we get too far, I have no pictures to post. Mostly this is going to be short because 2 of 3 people in this household are asleep and I'm planning on joining them.
The day after Christmas, things got a little less quiet around here. Ben's family came to visit! It was great to see everyone and Kennady loved having Grandma back, and seeing Papa and all her aunts and uncles. She's doing well with the move and especially likes that she has a little more room to run. She liked being at Russell's house. I got a chance to go shopping with Mom and Wendy for Wendy's prom dress. No luck. You would think that it wouldn't be so difficult to find something cute and modest here...but alas. Ben got to horse around with his brothers, and he's really happy that Rob and Dan both live nearby now....I can only imagine the trouble they are going to get into. The family project this time was working on Ben's uncle Michael's new addition to their house. Luckily no major injuries. Oh, well there was Michelle's sledding accident...sprained her ankle. Kennady, Ben and I opted out of that trip. Ben got to go with some of his brothers and sisters to see the lights on temple square...Kennady and I opted out of that one too.
Thursday his family left and now it is quiet around here. I think Kennady is getting bored, and I can't imagine what is going to happen this coming week when Ben returns to work tomorrow. We are mostly unpacked, just need to by another bookcase for a place to put the rest of our stuff. I really miss our giant pantry. Last week we were a little nervous about our new ward, because there were no young families. I guess they were all out of town for Christmas, so there are 4 or 5 of them. Kennady is in love with the new nursery. Grandma is always in there (Kennady calls any older lady Grandma). There are just 2 or 3 other little girls in there (no boys) and Kennady already thinks they are her best friends. And they have 3 giant closets full of toys, so no fighting. Today she cried when we picked her up from nursery because she wanted to stay and play with her friends. And all last week she kept asking if we were going to nursery. I am so happy that she loves it.
This next week, we have to get back to reality. Ben starts work tomorrow, leaving Kennady and I to play with each other all day. The good thing is that I suddenly feel so much better (I guess not having bronchitis is good for you) and have way more energy. I think I might actually be able to keep the house clean and have fun with Kennady. I really hope that Ben likes his new job, although I'm pretty sure he will. He also has his first medical school interview this week. He's got to drive up to Boise on Wednesday for his University of Washington interview. He is so nervous, but I think he's going to do great. I'm more nervous for him driving up there, I really hope the weather is nice to us.
Ok, that's the update, now I'm headed for a nap. I do plan to do a post of some of my favorite things of last year and some of our goals for this year. But that will have to wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment