Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brand New Week

Posting once a week seems to be all that I can muster. And just assume that I'll never post pictures again...so if I ever do you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This week went considerably smoother. Tuesday we still felt a little sick, but nothing too terrible. I can't say we did much of anything Tuesday or Wednesday. I just thought it better not to push my luck. We just tried to have some fun at home. I like that I get to play kitchen and dolls and cars all day. And we like to play with beans. We fill up a giant pan with beans and then bring out all the weird utensils and dig until there are none left in the pan, because they are scattered all over the floor.

By Thursday I was feeling braver. We decided to leave the house...with panties on. We went RiteAid shopping. Which is always an adventure. First, because coupon shopping with a two-year-old is the definition of insanity. Second, because the Rite Aid here is the old lady store, so you just never know what is going to happen. Like when some unsuspecting younger (mid-fifties) lady rounds her corner with a cart and startles some old lady...who then proceeds to yell at the younger lady that she could have killed her. Which, I guess might actually be true. Death by shopping cart.

Anyways, Kennady was good because I let her pick out some Valentines - she got Tinkerbell and Cars - until we got up to the register and were stuck behind another old lady, this one very nice, but having a hard time digging the 98 cents from her coin purse. That's when Kennady found the light up Tinkerbell pens and she had to have one. And there was no way I was buying her a stupid $5 pen. Thanks for putting those where only children can see them, Rite Aid. After a near tantrum I told her she could either put the pen down and get her Valentines or she could keep insisting that I had to buy the pen, and I would take away all three and she would get nothing. She looked up to check if I was serious, huffed, and put the pen down. The guy behind us in line started laughing and said "She's no dummy, huh?"

Then we headed to the library for toddler time. Kennady was a little apprehensive with all the kids she didn't know, and she said the puppet and felt snowman were both a little scary. I had to agree. She did like coloring, and maybe next week she'll like it a little more. She loved getting to pick out books though. But then the librarian told us we could only have five because it was our first time checking out books. Kennady was pretty mad she had to put some back. She really, really didn't want to leave, she wanted to stay and read all of the books.

Then to the grocery store. I am realizing this post is getting boring. Sorry, this is what we do, go to the library and the store, and learn how to use the potty. I successfully got all my grocery shopping done, before Kennady had a melt down. Of course, we were lucky enough to get one of the giant car carts, had library books to read, and she got a free cookie. Then home, and we made it just in time for her to go potty. She is getting really excited about her potty party. We are going to wear party hats and eat brownies and her friends get to come over and play. And we will get the tent out. Oh boy. It's going to be better than her birthday party.

Friday Ben got off work early! Woo hoo! So I went and got my hair cut. Then date night. Real date night, with a babysitter. Thanks Kristal! Ben and I went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Then some maternity clothes shopping. Ok, so not super romantic, but we were already at the mall and it sure beats trying to go with Kennady. And then I got sick. Apparently pregnant people shouldn't have the Spaghetti Vesuvius for dinner. I guess I've hit that point of pregnancy...where Prilosec becomes part of my daily diet, and soon water will start giving me heartburn. At least now I know why I feel the need to eat so much...turns out people carrying boys eat 10% more calories, but don't gain any more weight. Yummm....if only eating didn't make me so miserable afterward.

Saturday we bummed. And cleaned, a little. Monique, a friend from high school, came over with her little boy and we talked for a better part of the afternoon. It was fun to catch up, and the kids played really well, partly thanks to Ben who's very good at entertaining children. Then back to the grocery store.

I think this week I should do something more exciting. Or just leave Kennady unattended for awhile, that would at least give me some story that everyone would find humorous. At very least I could blog more frequently so I could remember all the hilarious things Kennady says. Like when Ben got frustrated trying to get her to eat her dinner and said "arhhhhg." Kennady looked up at him, squinted and said "Arhhhhhhg. Daddy's a pirate." And then later I was looking for something, I don't remember what it was, and Kennady started chanting "Mommy's lost it." Maybe little kids are funny because they aren't afraid to tell the truth.

No comments: