Saturday, January 8, 2011

This Place is Funny

Ben is now reading the Hunger Games. Which means two things: 1. He said I could buy the next two books and 2. I've had some time this evening to entertain myself. So, naturally, instead of folding laundry, I decided to surf the web. My sister-in-law Kristi mentioned to me that there are places in the mall that will do gender determination ultrasounds for cheap. It is killing me that everyone that I know that is pregnant is finding out what they are having before me. I want to know.

I decided to check out some of these places. I think I can be patient for another few weeks and save the $60. Maybe. But I also found another service they offer that made me laugh really hard for a long time. I think they summed it up best:

"Just love that pregnant belly? Now you can keep it forever when you make a custom belly cast. A pregnancy belly cast or belly mask forever captures the miraculous changes in your body during your pregnancy. It is a wonderful way to remember this very intimate time you are sharing with your growing baby. A belly cast is a plaster cast made of your pregnant belly and is a beautiful and unique keepsake celebrating the miracle of life."

It only costs $100. Seriously, for them to plaster of Paris your belly. I mean, I guess I'd probably charge a lot of money to do that for someone too. Oh, and they provide the paint and supplies for you to decorate it yourself. I think I'd make mine look like a
turtle shell. In case you don't believe me, here's a picture from their website.



After coming across that I decided I should do something slightly more productive, so I started looking on Craigslist for any "gigs" that might pay a little money (sometimes people list small design jobs here). I came across this ad for a family looking for a babysitter:

"
About the job: 3 children: 5yrs, 3yrs, 19 months; all 3 are as sweet as pie and communicate easily. 2 dogs: 7 month old lab, 8 week old pug (please do not apply if you have an allergy or phobia of dogs); both dogs are edible however the lab is trained to be a guard dog for safety as well."

I'm really tempted to call and tell them how much I just love children and dogs....in my stew.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Utah is a fun place! we have the hunger games series you just have to visit us sometime! :D

Rebekah said...

HA! People are so weird. Oh, and I LOVE that you're reading the Hunger Games. I was kinda obsessed for a while. They're great! Now have Ben convince Jared to read them. For some reason, he won't. I mean, come on! It's not Twilight here!