Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, I'll just be upfront with you, there will be no pictures on this post. Sorry. I have to clean off our computer before there's room for me to upload the giant pictures from my new wonderful camera. And, well, I just don't want to do it right now. I think my mom has some pictures up though, so check her blog from the link on the right.

Tuesday was a rather disappointing anniversary, mostly because my hubby wasn't there to celebrate with me. And I could tell he was super stressed about his upcoming MCAT. I stayed up a good portion of the night supervising Dustin's packing. We sent him off to the MTC early that morning. Some time soon I will make a blog for him that Mom will post letters and updates on. We got his first letter today and it sounds like he is really loving being in the MTC so far. In fact, the letter didn't even sound like my brother... maybe he'll come back all grown up.

Wednesday I don't remember what I did. I think I just tried to survive the day with little sleep and Kennady started getting all snotty (like boogers, not bratty, ok, well that too). By that night she didn't sleep well and I was up with her around 5 am. Then I purchased the world's most expensive cold medicine (which was totally worth it, because it saved us an ear infection). That made our day a little better. Since the poor girl was so stuffed up and tired, I decided to drive to Springfield so she could get a nap. It worked wonderfully and I had the added benefit of getting to see some friends. We also dropped in on Dad at work. Kennady thinks Bass Pro is the best place in the world. I wish we had one here, it's like an air conditioned zoo and it's free. Thursday night Grandma and Grandpa watched Kennady and I went with Kristal to Silver Dollar City for a few hours. I think I'd forgotten how much I love roller coasters. Then we went for Andy's- the best frozen custard in the whole world.

Friday Mom and Dad were off work (well Dad got off early). We spent a lot of time getting new phones. It is so nice to have a phone that doesn't die every 15 minutes. Plus it's a lovely color of red, which makes me happy. We considered doing lots of things, but it was just soo hot. Seriously. Idaho in the summer is so nice. We did take Kennady over to ride kiddy rides in the evening. She lasted a minute on the rabbit ride and refused to get on the ferris wheel. She liked the teacups, because I had to sit with her, and I wanted to throw up. Then we went on the bumper boats. She was so excited to go on a boat.

Saturday was another miserably hot day. So hot you wouldn't even want to go to the lake. We played games and did laundry and collected our stuff that had been scattered throughout the house. Mom and I got pedicures. I love pedicures.

Sunday we flew home. Kennady was pretty sad to leave. She keeps asking to go to grandma's house. I held her off from a nap, thinking she would sleep on the plane. Unfortunately there were a ton of kids on our flight and so Kennady was too interested in trying to talk to them to sleep. She was super grouchy by the time we got to Denver. Our flight arrived there a little early. We had a long 2 hour layover. Which kept getting longer and longer, because our "on time" flight was missing a plane. Kennady was terrible, like what I was expecting when we flew out. I was literally chasing her through the airport trying to keep her from getting runover or opening emergency exits. And I had to haul my carry ons while chasing her, which ended up pinching a nerve in my neck. Luckily as soon as the plane started to take off, she zonked. Ben picked us up in Salt Lake- so happy to see him! And Kennady and I were both zombies. Then for the 4 hour drive home. Kennady was so mad to get in the car. The DVD player kept her calm for a little while, but there was a lot of yelling. She finally fell asleep somewhere around Idaho Falls (30 minutes from home). We got in after midnight and Ben had to do laundry and I wanted to see him for a little bit, so we were up so late.

And then Ben had forgotten what it's like to live with a toddler, and woke her up the next morning super early when he was leaving for his trip. He's in Moscow, Idaho, at University of Idaho at a research conference with a bunch of his professors. He made a giant poster of his research and the competition is tonight. Followed by a dance. Really? Why do they have dances at a research conference? Seems weird to me. We are crossing our fingers that he'll win. However, I'd really just like him to come home, because I miss him. He'll be home late Thursday night. So I just have to make it through two more days as a single parent. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

No comments: