Monday, August 9, 2010

Welcome Home!

My hubby is home! I love, love, love having him home. Not only does it give me someone other than a two-year-old to talk to, but he's pretty cute too. He got home around dinner time on Thursday. Nope, I didn't have dinner ready for him. It was my intention too, but I didn't know when he was going to get home, and I didn't want it to be cold. So we got pizza that night.

Friday I babysat all day. Ben came along for part of the day. It was nice to have him there, and I definitely appreciated the help. Kennady and B were so happy to see each other, and they were a super wild and crazy team that day. At one point they got into the diaper bag and pulled out my contacts. When I found them B was eating something and one of my contacts was missing. She quickly swallowed whatever was in her mouth. After an hour of searching, I began to come to terms with Bailey eating my new contact. I called the eye doctor, my warranty doesn't cover being eaten. Unless it broke and I can return the pieces. They then remind me that I might have bigger problems, since the contact is glass. So then I have to call her mother and leave a message to call me back (this is the first time I've ever done this, so I'm sure she was a little worried). Luckily, about 30 seconds before she called me back, I find the other contact! Now why would I assume that it was eaten? Well, you'd just have to know these girls.

After that traumatic event, I called Ben and asked him to bring my contact solution when he came back. Not only did he bring the contact solution, but also a smoothie and a cinnamon wheel. He is the best. The rest of the day went better than that. I decided to make dinner for B's mom, since she was working a 12 hour shift and coming home to a husbandless house and a two-year-old. I guess I could empathize. So I put the girls in the bath to give them something to do, and Ben started making dinner. Then I smell smoke and hear loud grumbling coming from downstairs. We traded. I forgot to tell Ben that their pans are not non-stick. That night we had a much needed date night at home with a movie and popcorn.

Saturday Ben helped some neighbors move all morning. That afternoon we headed to Idaho Falls. We searched high and low in the mall for something for Kennady and I to wear to Marlene's wedding. The one good thing about her out of season colors is that when we eventually did find something it was inevitably on clearance. Unfortunately it took a lot longer than I thought (Ben was a trooper), so we missed the fun kid thing at the park. We headed over to Kendra's for grilled cheese sandwiches.

I am really looking forward to the next month when Ben won't be in class or have homework. And then at the end of it we get to go to Disneyland!

1 comment:

The Ballard Family said...

I am glad to hear you are all together again! That was such a long time to be apart. and the contact story is the best! Oh the anxiety children bring. :)