Ben usually ends up sleeping on Kennady's floor. I think he means to get her to go back to sleep and then come back to bed, but he usually falls asleep and never comes back to bed. So this morning I was surprised when I heard Kennady's door open, thinking Ben was coming back to bed. But he didn't. So I thought maybe it was the wind that had made the noise and not the door. So I started to drift back to sleep. And then I see this little shadow darting through the hallway, or so I thought. I thought I must be crazy and it was the effects of my deranged mind at 4:30 in the morning. Besides, there was no way Kennady could be that quiet. So I went back to sleep.
Soon I start hearing this nearly creepy breathing in my ear. I was starting to get a little freaked out. So I roll over and am greeted with "Hi!" Yep, it's Kennady. Wide awake as ever. She says, "Be naughty, monster gonna get you. I go see monster. Me happy." See our friends came over for dessert and games on Sunday evening, and she's Hispanic, so she was telling Kennady the stories her mom used to tell her. About the monster that gets you if you are naughty. I guess Kennady is pretty excited to meet this monster. Curse you Monsters Inc. for making monsters soft and cuddly.
Then Kennady climbed up on top of me, and I thought just maybe she was going to go back to sleep. No, instead she wallered all over me until I was completely awake. Then she got up and ran down the hall yelling, "Let's go watch movie!" and turned on the tv. Ben slept through this whole thing, in fact he is still asleep. I guess Kennady and I will be taking a nap later today.
Oh, and sorry about no pictures. In the time where I might possibly be able to get pictures posted (AKA when Kennady is asleep), I've been helping Ben fill out secondary applications for medical school. Or sleeping.
If anyone else randomly wakes up at 4:30 in the morning and is happy about it and would like to come watch my kid, let me know, I'd be happy to loan her out for a day. She's pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment