Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Phew...

We made it three years! Today is our anniversary. Yep, I'm in Missouri and Ben is in Utah. He spent the day studying for the MCAT and I spent the day carless trying to entertain our monkey in the 100 degree weather (there is AC inside, which is different from Idaho). I really miss Ben and what a stinky way to celebrate our three years. Oh well, I guess we'll have to make it up when we both get back. We found out that Ben is going to be gone the first 4 days that I am back for a research conference. Maybe our trip to California will have to be our celebration, except that was supposed to be last Christmas/Birthdays/Valentine's Day. Sometimes being an adult is overrated.

Being married, however, is not overrated. At least for me. But then again, I do have the best husband ever and he seems to get better every year. Alright, enough mushy stuff. I'll save it for my future Hallmark writing career.

What have we been up to? Well mostly I've just been trying to keep Kennady from destroying things and killing cats. She is still one crazy little girl and being totally thrown off her schedule doesn't seem to help. She loves loves loves to go swimming, whether in the pool, the bathtub, the lake or the wading pool on the front porch. And she will jump in with her clothes on and without permission. And when she is done swimming she expects a milkshake. Thank you grandma and grandpa for spoiling my child. Of course, I like milkshakes too, so I guess I'm not really complaining. Ben might though. Sometimes she gets to stay with Uncle Dustin while I go shopping or go out to lunch with friends. I've appreciated the break and I think my mom has appreciated Kennady babysitting Dustin.

Dustin leaves bright and early tomorrow morning and heads to the MTC in Provo, Utah. He'll be there for 12 weeks, then off to Russia! Kennady is going to miss her Uncle Dustin.

I think that Kennady needs an older brother. She loves playing with her cousin (eh, close enough) Diego and had a blast with the Allphin boys. Of course, she loved playing with Ava too, she got her hair done and her toenails painted.

I finally got new contacts, well I guess I won't have them until tomorrow. But I will be glad to have to wear my glasses all the time. And I got my new camera! Yippee! I love it. I forgot that 14 megapixels means huge file sizes, which means forever trying to download pictures. So there may not be any pictures in this post like I originally intended. I guess I will probably need to clean off the computer at home before I will be able to get pictures downloaded there.

Kennady's favorite thing so far? The dinosaur museum. Ok, so really it was a miniature golf course and we were just waiting for a table at Lone Star for Dustin's last meal. But she loved the dinosaurs, cried when we left and still hasn't stopped talking about them. The best part? It was free. Sure, you have to pay to actually play miniature golf, but we just walked around and let Kennady pet the dinosaurs.

Ok, it's late and I'm the designated packer helper for Dustin tonight. I guess that's what I get for teaching how to be so good at procrastinating.

No comments: