Ben and I thoroughly enjoyed our night out without Kennady. The movie was good and the company was great! We also loved sleeping in. I was more successful at it than Ben, who woke up on schedule and couldn't force himself to go back to sleep. I don't think Kendra had as much fun as we did with a 1, 2 and 3 year-old on her hands. Kennady bullied the bully, who bullied her older sister. Why is the youngest one always the bully? They ate cookies for lunch and didn't take naps. I got a text around 3 telling me I could come pick up my child now. My sister is very brave.
We sold some furniture in anticipation of our move that will be happening in December. I realized that if we waited until December to try to sell things, we wouldn't sell anything, because no one is buying stuff then. So I figure we can live without a few things for a few months. Like dressers. In hindsight, maybe we should have waited.
We boxed up all the clothes in the dressers and all the stuff on top of the dresser. Kennady finds these boxes irresistible. Pretty soon, while Kennady was playing quietly in her room (the first warning sign) I went to check on her (for like the third time). Only this time she wasn't in there. Both her door and our door were shut. As soon as I opened the door, she knew she was in trouble. She was rummaging through the box and the faint smell of dry-erase markers filled the air. Yep, she wrote all over lots of things. Luckily, dry-erase marker cleans up pretty easily. So we put a lid on the box and stacked the box of clothes on top of it.
So Sunday morning, Ben took a shower and I was watching Kennady. We sat down to read a book. Then she said she didn't want to read a book and wanted to watch a movie. I said ok, and started to put one on. We didn't even make it to the movie and she said she wanted to go play. So I went to go play with her. As I tried to go in her room, she said "I play by myself" and shut the door. Fine. I had stuff to do anyways. I checked on her once and she was sitting in the corner reading a book. The quietness makes me uneasy. Then the second time I went to check on her she wasn't there. And our door was closed. I walked in and she knew she was in big trouble. And there was that funny smell again. But we'd put the markers in the closet. She'd moved the box of clothes and pulled off the lid. The smell? She was trying to paint her toenails. Hot pink fingernail polish. She broke the bottle. It was all over her, the box and the floor. And to top it off Kennady had a very messy poopy diaper. It was about that time that Ben got out of the shower. And of course I looked like the irresponsible parent. Ok, I'll admit I could have been watching her a little better. But really, I should just never underestimate the sneakiness of Kennady.
So Ben cleaned up Kennady and put her down for an early nap and we worked on cleaning up the carpet. Ben took over after he saw how many chemicals I was mixing. Fortunately, Kennady didn't eat any of the fingernail polish and we somehow managed to get it out of the carpet. It was definitely not how we were planning for our morning to go. It's a really good thing Kennady is so darn cute. She did go to nursery, and she loved it.
We are all looking forward to our trip to Disneyland. Kennady won't stop talking about it. She gets to drive a car when we are there, did you know that? Ben should find out about the MCAT tomorrow. No news is probably not good news, so just don't ask. And, today, I must be insane, because I agreed to add another 2 year old to the the clan. I'll be babysitting another little girl this fall. She's a little more tame than Kennady and B, so I'm hoping she'll be a good influence on the two of them. I hope I'm not getting in over my head. If ever, I'll only have the three of at the same time one day a week.
Well now I need to get back to laundry. Why is it so much work to go on vacation?
No comments:
Post a Comment