Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1...3....2

This is what Kennady says right before she jumps off of something. If you ask her to count to 10 though she'll say them in the correct order, well that is if she feels like counting to 10 at all, or else she'll just say "no." Yes, I know, no pictures. Ok, well here is one. We had to upload this for Ben's medical school applications. Doesn't he look handsome? And a little bit like a doctor?
Right now I kind of feel like we are getting ready to jump off something....very, very high, into something very deep. Which is good, because as long as we land right, we'll probably survive. Ben's secondary applications are arriving with fury, which is good, because it means they haven't ruled him out yet. Filling out all those applications is a rather daunting task, even for me, someone who likes to fill out forms. Hitting the submit button is very hard to do, as I feel like my finger has a significant weight on our future. And I'm not even the one answering the essay questions! (Well, except the one about strong ties to Missouri... did you know that I am a 7th generation Missourian? Yep, I looked it up.) And once the secondary applications are all finished (2 down...12 (hopefully) left to do) then we have to anxiously twiddle our thumbs waiting to see i he gets any interviews, which will mean flying across the country several times. Yikes! Anyone want to donate unused frequent flyer miles?

And then people keep asking us what we are going to be doing when Ben graduates in December. Uh, I have no earthly idea. Hopefully he'll get a job. We'll take any job, but it would be extremely beneficial if said job was in the medical field, or research, or both. Where? I don't really care. Heck, I lived in Alaska for 6 months (most of which was winter), so I think I can do just about anything for 6 months. I can maybe even survive Utah for that long *gulp*. I would just like to know where we are moving, let's say, 6 weeks before we actually move there. Then I can find suitable housing. Oh yeah, and that Christmas thing. We might be spending Christmas in a far off and entirely new to us place. Or there is always the chance Ben gets a job in Pocatello. And no matter what, I have to pack, which I hate, and I know we have accumulated way too much stuff, since this is the longest we have ever lived in any one place.

Somebody tell me to take a chill pill. Today I'm super stressed about all of this. I think we need a night off from filling out medical school applications. No, wait, they need to get done ASAP. Just have to make it through two more weeks and then off to Disneyland! Oh I hope we can just relax once we get there. I think filling out medical school applications is bad for your health.

3 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Wow he looks like one super smart cookie! Hang in there I have so meds if you would like them.

mk said...

Take a chill pill.

Also, I'm glad that you're doing yet another huge thing before me so that I can ask you questions when it's my turn.

Good luck!! :)

janaemadsen said...

oh did you apply to scranton? because we live here now so you have family here...q