Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Awww....


So these pictures should go with my last post, the one where Kennady was being super sneaky. Doesn't she look ornery? And yet so cute?

Last night we sat down for dinner, chicken enchiladas. Kennady decided she was going to say the prayer... "Thank-you for my mommy. Thank-you for daddy. Thank you for pop-tarts." Awww..... Needless to say, she didn't want to eat the chicken enchiladas, she wanted a pop-tart. Then ensued the battle of the wills. She cried, and kicked and screamed. I bargained and bribed. One more bite would end the traumatic experience. Four more bites would get ice-cream. Eventually I just started cleaning up the kitchen. She wanted to help. I told her she couldn't help unless she ate one more bite. She said "Ok," and ate one more bite and then helped me load up the dishwasher.

I think I failed to mention how I ended up agreeing to babysit another little girl. The girl's mom called, and had called the Relief Society President asking if she knew anyone who could babysit. She gave her my name, saying that I was pretty strict with my kid and expected her to behave. Hahah. Strict? Well, I do stand my ground, but she regularly gets to jump on the bed, eat in the living room, eats a lot of ice-cream and very rarely picks up any of her toys. I guess compared to some of the other parents who let their kids run around naked without any supervision, maybe I am strict. Do I expect her to behave? As much as possible for a two-year-old. And she is so high energy, I wouldn't really say she behaves, but she is a good little girl.

No comments: