



Look! I finally posted pictures! I know, none of them are of Kennady. Yesterday when we headed out to church there was smoke everywhere, I guess there must have been a fire somewhere. I mentioned to Ben that it should make an awesome sunset. Then about the time the sun was starting to set it started raining, so I thought I wouldn't be getting any pictures. And then the sun popped out for a few minutes and when I saw the rainbow, I grabbed my camera and we all piled into the car and rushed to take pictures before the sun set all the way. Man, I really wish that I had a super nice camera. I know, I know, I just got a camera. But I want a fancy one.
In other news, Kennady went to nursery this week, for the whole time! She loved it. I guess my bribe last week was enough to get her to see how much fun it can be. Plus we now have one consistent nursery leader who is there every week!
We are still plugging away at the secondary applications. Basically we just have the essays left, but that's the hardest and most time consuming part. We did get another one completely finished- University of Arkansas. They are the only ones who still use hard copy applications, so now we have to go get it mailed off.
This week is going to be busy as we try to finish those up. I want them done before we head to Disneyland on Sept. 2, and we won't be doing any this weekend, as we will finally be celebrating our anniversary! I'd also like my house to get cleaned before this weekend. I'm not going to count on it though, because I'd rather get the applications finished. When we get back from California we have a couple of days before Ben starts classes on the 9th. Which he will only attend the morning classes, then we'll jump in the car and drive 12 hours to Oregon, getting there just in time for Dan's flight to arrive. I can't believe it's been two years! Then the next day is Marlene's wedding. Then back in the car for another 12 hour drive so we can make it back before Ben misses any more classes. Yikes, what a crazy couple of weeks. It'll be fun though, and I'm sure we'll be exhausted when it's all over. And then we get to return to the boring semester. Ben's last semester! I can't believe how quickly this break has gone by. I guess that's what happens when you only get a 7 week break from school once a year.
And of course Kennady is still up to her usual monkey tricks. And she is learning new ones all the time. The other morning she ate a whole bowl of cereal with her feet. It was quite impressive and a little disturbing. She also wants to be a construction worker when she grows up. The library has backpacks you can check out that are filled with themed toys and books. I grabbed the construction one last week. She thinks the tools are great. And she constantly says "That's not my truck," whenever she sees one (it's one of the books in the backpack). And she keeps telling me she is "Gonna fly on airplane, go see Tinkerbell's house." She's so cute.
2 comments:
Are you kidding me? You took those pics? Those are so awesome! I thought the first one was a painting! They look like they could be in a magazine-
You go girl :)
Have fun at Disneyland.
Jealous.
Big time.
ok so just finaly had time to check out your sweet picture, and they sure are sweet! I think they turned out very awsome!
Post a Comment