It's 3:00 p.m. I'm sitting here in a rocking chair, in my pj's. I smell terribly because I haven't showered. Nor have I brushed my teeth. I haven't eaten lunch. I'm rocking a baby. Kennady is down for a nap (immediately after she went down, Korban woke up). Korban says he needs me to hold him and rock him or he won't be happy today. I did get a few spare moments this morning, but Kennady insisted I join her and her stuffed animal friends for a picnic in her tent. The apartment has only continued to get more and more dirty today, and I still haven't put away the 4 loads of laundry I folded last night. Ben will be home for 45 minutes today, in which time I hope to get a quick shower and eat dinner, or it probably won't happen at all. Kristi showed up at our house around 1:30, hoping Russell could use our potty. She said she was glad to see me still in my pajamas and the house a mess, because that's how most of her days go too! Maybe she was just trying to make me feel better, because I've never seen her in her pjs at 1:30 with her house a mess, but it worked!
Um, I lied, because now it's 11 p.m. Somehow I never get to finish my posts in one sitting anymore. The good news is that I did get a shower, so I won't be dying from my own stench tonight. The bad news is I got pretty much nothing else done for the rest of the day. Although I did recently unload and then reload the dishwasher and pick a few things off the floor. And then I realized I was tired. And very hungry. And that there is no food in our house. That was about the time Ben got home. Yeah, Kennady still wasn't asleep at 10:30, despite my best efforts. Korban was though. The first time he's let me set him down for more than 15 minutes today.
Anyways, so I'm hungry and there's no food, because, well, I don't have time to grocery shop, or when I do I am too tired, or I actually go to the store, but I forget my list, or didn't have time to create one, so I end up wandering around the aisles and tossing things in the cart, only to come home and find I don't have the ingredients to make a single thing. That's ok, I don't usually get the time to cook either. So tonight I sent Ben to the store. Actually, he volunteered. I think he might be tired of Chef Boyardee's cooking. And he's just that awesome. The only problem is I couldn't think of what I actually want to eat. This is a side effect of being really tired. I get hungry, but I don't want to make anything and I can't for the life of me figure out what I want to eat. I usually end up crying and then going to bed. So Ben's plan is to come home and make something to eat...at 1 a.m. He might be a little crazy. But he said he'd like to be able to cook something without being interrupted for a change. Ha. Little does he know that there's a good chance Korban's going to wake up wanting to eat and have his diaper changed right about then. Nothing gets done around this house without being interrupted. Children.
Did I mention my mom is coming tomorrow? I am sooo excited. The great thing about moms? They already know how messy of a person you are and aren't surprised to find your house a wreck, because they saw your room when you were a teenager. (haha, my room still looks nearly the same, only now it smells of poopy diapers). And they'll go to Taco Bell really late at night and buy you a taco. Ok, at least mine will.
Oh, and Kennady has TWO black eyes. So much for getting those pictures of her when my mom is here. She keeps insisting I take pictures of her bruise, I think she wants it to use as evidence against me, so I'll have to post one for all to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment