Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Day!

I am sure you will all be thrilled to hear I finally charged my camera battery. So we have new pictures! The above is my favorite. Korban smiles a lot in his sleep, so with a little patience I was able to capture it on camera. He is adorable. I can't wait until he starts smiling when he is awake.
Korban is growing like crazy, which isn't surprising considering how much the kid eats. He's outgrown his smallest newborn stuff and has almost outgrown all newborn clothes. I'm thinking he's close to 9 lbs. He's well on his way to being a chubby little guy. I love it. I also love that the kid finally slept last night. Ok, so he still didn't sleep more than 4 hours at a time, but he went right back to sleep after eating (instead of being awake for a couple of hours). And Kennady slept in, so I got sleep from 12 to 1:30, 2:15 to 6:00, and 6:45 to 9:30. So nice. I'm just hoping it continues to improve. It would have been really great if we'd met our goal of going to bed by 10. But instead we did this:

In case you can't tell, that's pink frosting all over our faces. After Korban went to bed, we were playing with Kennady and eating pretend party cake. Then we decided to make real party cake and went to work on cupcakes and frosting. Ben was in charge of the frosting. It always amazes me that he doesn't follow directions, since he works in a lab. So the frosting was more of a glaze. So somewhere in the course of me harassing him, I got a cupcake shoved in my face. Or maybe I started it, I can't remember. We ended up with party cake and pink frosting everywhere. So we were up late cleaning up our mess. Kennady thought it was pretty funny.
Today I've been doing laundry, rocking my babies and watching cartoons. And later I get to eat pink glazed party cakes. Not a bad day.

No comments: