Wow, it's been a week. A very long week. I'm a little surprised we've all survived this long. I think we are all a little tired, but managing. Mom Nelson has been a lifesaver! She's been cooking, cleaning, playing with Kennady and helping with Korban. We are going to be sad when she heads home in a couple days.
I'll admit, I was a little worried how Kennady was going to react when we brought home her little brother and he started getting more attention than she. So far all she's done is love the little guy. She's been a great helper and gives Korban lots of hugs and kisses and says things like "I love Korban" and "he's so cute." She is a great big sister. We've been trying hard to give her special attention, I think Ben has an easier time of it, because he's not the main food source of Korban.
Speaking of Korban. Holy cow. Or pig. This kid eats a lot. He doesn't eat as frequently as Kennady did, but he eats more. He's gaining weight pretty quickly (he only lost 5 oz from his birth weight) and soon he'll be nice and chubby. And man can he scream when he wants food. He's a pretty good sleeper, although we've got a little work to do on reversing his days and nights. Twice a night isn't too bad, except that he'll eat for nearly an hour, plus diaper changes. And he poops like crazy. It's really amazing, and we're pretty sure it's his talent. We've yet to count how many diapers we are going through a day, but I'd say somewhere close to 15, almost all of them poopy.We did a photo shoot with him at my neighbor Mindy's this week. I'll get the pictures up when I get them, a couple of them are already on Facebook. They are amazing! If anyone is looking for a photographer in Salt Lake, I'd highly recommend her! We were trying to get some newborn pictures, the ones where the baby is asleep and naked. Korban wasn't so cooperative. He didn't want to sleep. And he pooped 8 times in the 2 hours. I ran out of diapers (I thought 5 would be plenty for 2 hours). We eventually gave up on the pictures without a diaper.
We had a fun Friday night in. Kennady and Grandma had a girls night. They watched Tangled, curled Kennady's hair, danced and ate cookies. I love this picture of Kennady, it's so her.
And here's Daddy chilling with his kiddos. He looks a little tired. I'm pretty sure he is. He's an awesome dad and even better husband, or maybe it's a tie. He sure loves his babies though. He only skipped one day of work last week, so he hasn't been getting naps like the rest of us. My goal this week is to get him a little more sleep.And me? Well, I'm hanging in there. I forgot how hard having a kid is on your body. I was feeling pretty fantastic (overall delivery was a lot easier on me this time than the first time). And then I started breaking out in hives. Still not entirely sure what caused it. The doctor thinks it was the codeine, so I stopped taking that. But it could have been the Ibuprofen, so I stopped taking that too. I kinda think it was the epidural, but the doctor seemed to think that was crazy. Regardless, I stopped cold turkey on all my pain killers. And went on Benadryl to try to get the hives to go away. Benadryl kills me. Knocks me out, more than narcotics. Not so great when you are trying to adjust to having two kids. Or the hives could be from postpartum hormones. Yes, those are lovely too. Or stress. I have no idea what could be stressing me out. The hives are driving me bananas. I stopped taking Benadryl, even though it helps, because it's not the best for nursing (that and I can't really function). So I itch like mad. I am really hoping they clear up soon, but it will most likely be a few weeks. I'm learning a new level of self control. Oh yes, and I lack sleep. Lots of it. And I feel like a cow. Not just because of the bloating, but from being the food source of my child. And certain rather sensitive parts of my body feel like ground hamburger.
But, dang, aren't my kids cute?
No comments:
Post a Comment