Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crazy Week

Some of you were getting worried I am sure. But I am still alive and all is well.

Last Wednesday Mom arrived. Kennady was so happy to see her, and Mom was happy to see Kennady. I mostly haven't been blogging because we've been busy, and also because I actually have another adult to interact with, and because there's been someone else to constantly hold Korban when I become bored out of my mind.

Korban is getting less and less fussy. But Mom can attest to just how fussy he was, so I wasn't just making it up. He only screams like he is dying about once a day now. He still eats like a champ. In fact, he now weighs 10 lbs 15 oz. Soon he'll outgrow his 0-3 size clothes. Kennady at this age had barely cleared 8 lbs, and she only started out a half pound lighter.

Kennady is loving having Grandma here. They go swimming every day. Grandma got her fins, pool toys and a new life jacket, and she is learning to swim like a fish. Grandma hopes she can teach Kennady enough before she leaves that she'll be able to get around the pool by herself so I can take her after Grandma leaves.

One day we got donuts from Banbury Cross and then went to Liberty park and let Kennady play. Perfect, except Ben was still at work. Mom has been keeping my dishes clean and the living room picked up. I really like it. Saturday we went up to Snowbird and tried out the alpine slide. Lots of fun. Except it was really hot. That night Dad flew in. Sunday we blessed Korban. Kendra, Nathan and Eisley came down, and Rob, Kristi, Russell, Scott and Kristal came up. We all had cheese sandwiches and chocolate cake. Happy birthday to Mom! The cake looked awful, but tasted wonderful. Later, Brittany came to meet the family. Don't know who she is? Long story, but she's writing Dustin, and he's the only one who hasn't met her. Poor guy, we really like to give him a hard time. Did I mention I told him we named Korban, Bruce? Yeah. He's pretty determined that his first boy will be named Bruce Wayne and he's pretty mad that I stole his name. Still trying to decide when to tell him Korban's real name. Our a/c broke this day. It was hot. We did get it fixed, and by the end of the day it was 76 degrees in the house.

Monday was the 4th of July. Mike, Kari, Garrek and Ethyn came to visit and we all went to Tucano's a Brazilian steakhouse. Yummy yummy. Then we took Mom and Dad over to Temple Square and looked around. Then naps for everyone! Then to Rob and Kristi's for hamburgers and fireworks. It was crazy windy, so they couldn't get the fireworks to light. Until they remembered they have a big hole in their backyard. So we all watched fireworks out the window. Which is probably a good thing, because no one was injured. They also didn't catch any houses on fire. Eventually the wind died down and we walked down to the park to watch some other people's fireworks.

Tuesday I went shopping with Mom. And then with Dad. And we ate lots of Sonic. That night Korban started getting sick. That night Ben and I took two hour shifts rocking him.

Wednesday morning he woke up with a fever and we ended up being sent to the ER. Boo. His temp was 100.5, which is just a little over the 100.4 that will send a newborn to the ER. Once there they checked his blood and urine, and luckily that was it. He's got a cold. Really, he wasn't acting that sick, so I wasn't too worried, and neither was the dr on call at the ER. Which is why we didn't have to do a spinal tap, and I am sooo glad. That took the first half of the day. Ben and I went to lunch on his way back to work.

Today my big girl Kennady left. She went with Grandma and Grandpa to Idaho to visit Aunt Kendra. I debated going, but finally decided to stay and catch up on some sleep (ha) and be close to home with Korban. Kennady won't be back until Saturday. So I might get my room clean.

Oh, and the biggest news of all? Ben got his promotion! Woohoo! And now the hunt is on for a new car. Well, new to us. Hopefully before the transmission falls out of our car. I did add towing to our insurance, so at least we won't have to foot that bill. Now it's no longer a question of if, but when the transmission is going to die. We just have to decide if it's worth fixing everything that is wrong. And what kind of car to get.

Pictures coming later. Lots of them.

No comments: