Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Calling for Backup

I think we need a relief team. Where are you, Mom and Dad Ellis? Korban sleeps a maximum of 4 hours at a time. And that's usually during the day. At night it's usually 3 max. And then he's up for at least an hour, usually more. I'm averaging 4 or 5 hours of divided sleep a night. Ben gets a little more, if you count when he dozes off while I'm feeding Korban. This kid is an eating and pooping machine. He's eating 4 or 5 oz in a sitting. Ben was so nice this morning and let me sleep until 10. Which means a late work night for him. So I got 7 hours of divided sleep. At least today I can keep my eyes open. And Kennady? Well, she apparently doesn't need sleep. She's been going to bed after 10 each night, getting woken up once or twice by a very loud brother, and still getting up at 6 or 7 am. If I'm lucky she'll get a one hour nap. And she is bouncing off the walls all day. Literally. She's been really good, at everything except the potty training. Every time I think we are finished, we regress. So, lots and lots and lots of laundry again. Someone please reassure me that soon I will get more than 4 hours of sleep. Please.

3 comments:

Kaile and Cambria said...

Kortney! So glad I found your blog. I promise things will get better! We need to keep in touch.

Christina said...

I don't know if this will reassure you, or make things seem worse... but my little gu (2 months now...) is up to 9 hours a night. (the first two got to six pretty quickly, not nine...) but, it can happen! Good luck! oh, and p.s. have your backups do some of that laundry!

janaemadsen said...

two kids was so hard :-( hang in there- I hope you get some backup :-) my mother in law lives near the U- aren't you guys there?