Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blaaaahg

Today I am feeling a little like my blog is boring. Maybe you've felt that way too. Or maybe the real problem is my life is a little boring, so I have nothing exciting, or even entertaining, to write about. Probably that is it, considering I've rarely left the house since Korban was born, and that is usually for grocery shopping, which I hate.

Yes, hate. The only time I can go is late at night when both kiddos are in bed and Ben is home. Theoretically I could go before the kiddos are asleep, but it just never seems to happen. Korban eats a lot. I think I may have mentioned that. I avoid WalMart at all costs. Our WalMart only hires really stupid people, I'm pretty sure it's a policy. So the lines are ridiculously long, I always end up buying stuff that wasn't on my list, and they try to charge me $11 for a few apples because their employees can't do their jobs or math. So I try to go to Smith's. Late at night (after 9, which is late, because, like I said, my life is a little boring) they close all regular checkouts and only have the self-checkout lanes open. Uh, I'd rather not have to scan and bag my entire full cart of groceries by myself. Plus, one of these days I'm going to maul the machine when it tells me for the thousandth time to "Please place the item in the bagging area." And I hate having to look up all my fruits and veggies. Luckily, my brain has a knack for memorizing slightly useful numbers, so soon I won't have to look them up and will even be able to tell the cashier when one of those little stickers gets lost. Bananas 4011. What else do I easily memorize? Birthdays. I can tell you birthdays of people I haven't talked to in years who weren't really even my friends. That doesn't mean I'll remember it on the actual day though, mostly because I have a little trouble remembering what day it is. Also telephone numbers. This one is kinda going down the drain thanks to my cell phone.

Why all this boredom? Well, basically I just sit around and nurse Korban all day. He seems to think he'll starve to death if he doesn't eat every 4 hours. He is working on switching days and nights, so the 4 hours is usually during the night. During the day it's every 2 hours. And he eats for nearly an hour. Once again, I'm going to blame the Nelson genes for this. I'm also coming to terms with the fact that Korban is a grouchy baby. He likes to yell a lot. He yells that he is hungry. He yells that he is sleepy. He yells that his tummy hurts. He yells that he has to poop. He yells that he did poop. He yells when I change his diaper. Just trying to be patient, soon he'll be bigger and yell less. At least I hope. Maybe he'll even sleep more.

Kennady says this is boring too. Actually she doesn't just say it, she shows me. By knocking her brother out of his seat when I go to the bathroom (he actually didn't yell about this, just went back to sleep on the floor... and don't worry the seat was on the ground and no babies were harmed in the making of this post). By throwing my necklace off the balcony. By the time I could go get it, it was gone, hopefully one of the neighbor kids picked it up and will give it back. And it's the one time I've been glad they aren't real pearls. By refusing to do anything I ask whenever I'm feeding the baby (which is pretty much all day).

How, you ask, do I have time to blog? Well, one letter at a time. With one hand. See, I can do it while I rock a baby.

No comments: