Quick update. Korban weighs 9 lbs 12 oz. That's nearly a 3 lbs weight gain. They are very impressed with his weight gain. He's 21 inches long. I think he might catch up with his sister pretty soon. He's in the 75 % for weight and 65% for height, but only the 15% for head circumference.
Kennady has gained 2 lbs in 6 months. She's up to 26 lbs. But she also gained 2 1/2 inches in that same time, making her 35 1/2 inches tall. She's in the 30% for her height and 10% for weight.
But the most impressive of all? I've lost 21 lbs in 4 weeks. Having a baby is an awesome diet plan. It might help that Korban is stealing every calorie that I eat. So we went to Red Robin to celebrate :) Mmmm, bottomless fries.
Actually, we went to Red Robin because yesterday our a/c went out in our apartment, and there was no way I was cooking anything in our 80 degree house. Don't worry, it's fixed now. Having a baby also bumps you to the top of the list to get your a/c fixed :) Which is good, because I hear it's a long list.
The other terrible thing that happened yesterday- Kennady was running around like the monkey that she is and tripped and caught herself with her head. I am very thankful she has tough skin, because I don't know how we avoided stitches again. The goose egg on her head was instantly the size of a large golf ball (Ben informs me there's only one size of golf ball, but it was bigger than a gold ball, but smaller than a tennis ball). It makes me sick to look at, which is why I won't be going to med school. Luckily, she has bangs so it doesn't look so obvious that we beat our child.
Alright, off to enjoy what's left of my Saturday. Oh, wait, big news, Korban went 7 hours without eating! And he slept almost the whole time. Of course, I didn't get myself to bed at 9, so I didn't get quite that much sleep, but more than usual. Plus Ben let me take a nap with him this morning. For the first time in a long time I don't feel tired.
1 comment:
You are so cute! I still have fun reading your blog. I do have to laugh though that Korban at 4 week old weighs what Caleb weighed at birth. Sounds like he's quite the eater though! Lucky you! ;)
Post a Comment