Well, first I have to admit that this year I was a total failure at Father's Day. Basically, I did nothing for Ben! Lame. I told him he could have a rain check on Father's Day and we'd try again some other time, when I'm getting sleep. I guess I did make him dinner. That's a treat these days.
They also didn't do anything for the dads at church. Usually they at least get a cookie or something. It was our first Sunday attempting to go to church with two kids. We made it on time and it went really well. It only took us 3 hours to get out the door.
Yeah, so poor Ben. He said he doesn't mind. I would if I were him. Ben really is the best dad. Kennady thinks he's the best too. She is so excited every day when he gets home from work. And for some reason if I tell her "no" to something during the day, she always asks "When Daddy gets home?" Hmm, maybe he's a pushover :) He loves to take Kennady swimming, and she loves it too. On days the pool is warm, I'm pretty jealous. When it's cold, not so much. Ben has been spending a lot of time entertaining Kennady while I'm tending to Korban. Ben even loves to help with Korban. Which means he's not getting a lot of sleep, because he has a hard time sleeping through feedings and is always trying to help. It could be that Korban is just really loud (uh, yep, he is). I love having a husband that is willing to cheerfully change diapers, feed the baby, take out the trash and make dinner- sometimes all in the same night!
So yesterday, Monday, was our first bad day at home. I've had a couple days when I just felt terrible (thank-you hives), but the kids have been great. By the way, the hives have not returned. I am soooo happy. Yesterday though started out bad and got worse. Korban slept terribly that night, waking up 4 times to nurse and not wanting to go back to sleep. When he did go back to sleep, he slept very, very noisily. At one point I commented to Ben that I didn't know we had a goat. Plus he woke up Kennady several times. So by the start of the day, I was tired. And then he didn't sleep all day! He just ate, and ate and ate and pooped and pooped and pooped. And cried and cried and cried. Uhg, headache. I finally got him to go down for a nap around noon. Then I fed Kennady lunch and we went for a nap, which was no easy feat. We slept for 15 minutes, then Korban woke up us with his yelling. He was trying to poop. Again. Kennady was not happy to be awake, and so she started yelling. So for 30 minutes I had two yelling kids, neither of whom I could seem to comfort. Besides his 45 minute nap, Korban didn't sleep at all. Kennady was grumpy. We couldn't go play outside because I was nursing a baby all day. I couldn't hold Kennady because I was holding Korban.
Ben came home briefly (45 minutes, because Monday he volunteers at the hospital). Both children were happy to see him. I was too. In fact, Korban really didn't like me that day, because he was fine until the second Ben stepped out to take out the trash. Then he was fine when he came back in, until he left to go volunteer. Seriously, he stepped over the threshold and Korban started howling, even though I'm pretty sure he was dead asleep the second before that. Kennady was about the same. Luckily, that day ended, but not before a few more feedings and Kennady pooping in her pants.
Last night Korban slept for 4 1/2 hours! Woohoo! Yes, I'm aware he doesn't sleep very well. Painfully aware. The great thing was that he went back to sleep easily and slept for another 3 hours. So today we are well rested- comparatively. Can't wait for Mom to come next week, I'm pretty sure she'll let me take a nap, and maybe even do my dishes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment