Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The After Birth Story




Ok, not the best title.

So after Korban was born, things have been great. Mostly. Aunt Kendra came down to take Kennady, so Ben could stay with us at the hospital. He's such a good dad. He pretty much refused to let them take him to the nursery. Korban is a champion eater. He was so hungry, we started giving him some formula, so he wouldn't constantly scream at us. He liked it. At least there is hope if I have to stop breastfeeding to get these hives to go away- he has no problem taking a bottle and seems to like formula. I don't think he really cares as long as it is food.

Hospitals are pretty much the worst places ever. How can anyone get better in them? No one will let you sleep. They wouldn't let my baby sleep either. And they have stupid policies. Like having to down an entire bag of pitossin before they will let you take your IV out. Not necessary. In fact, I think it might have caused the hives. Awesome. At one point, I lost it, and Ben went and had a chat with the nurse. She came back and didn't say anything, but took out the IV. When the dr's showed up for rounds Sunday, we convinced them to let us go home. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Best decision ever. I got more sleep in the first 3 hours we were home than the entire 24 hour stay in the hospital. And Korban is very content, and healthy, to sleep 4 or 5 hours at a time, except at night, when he wakes up every hour to eat. We are working on switching that. Kendra went home Sunday night. We survived two children by ourselves! Kennady slept all night.

Mom Nelson flew in Tuesday morning and has been Kennady's best friend! We had Korban's first checkup (he's doing awesome and only down to 6 lbs 12 oz). Then grocery shopping. Then chair shopping. I might have over done it. Today is stay at home day. Except for Ben, who returned to work. So far things are good, just trying not to over do it.

Korban is a sweet baby, who pretty much eats and poops as much as two babies. Awesome.

1 comment:

Scott and Lori Smith said...

yay! he's finally here! I learned that babies don't have any melatonin in their bodies (which tells them day and night) until about 6 weeks...