Thursday, March 10, 2011

Prego Brain

It's a legitimate condition. You really do lose brain function when pregnant. I'm not sure if you get it back....I kind of think so, but I could be wrong. Yesterday I had another dr's appointment. The appointment itself only took 20 minutes. I have the perfect pregnancy- says my doctor. Nevermind that I gain a ridiculous amount of weight while pregnant, he said since my babies aren't big (unless Kennady's small size was a fluke) and I lose all the weight afterward, it doesn't really matter. Psh. Easy for him to say. It'd be nice to not have 8 sizes of clothes in my closet. I can be thankful to not be having any complications and to have a healthy baby.

What was I blogging about? Oh yeah, prego brain. So I forgot to take my insurance card into my appointment yesterday. I had to come home and get it. Then, once I left, I realized I'd given them the wrong insurance card, and had to go back yet again. And as I was standing at the front desk waiting for the receptionist to make a copy, I realized that when I signed in I wrote my name as Kortney Nelso. I apologized to the receptionist for being a space case, and she just laughed and said, "No, you're just pregnant. We get that a lot."

After Ben got home, I got to go shopping. I went to the fabric store, the one place Ben pretty much absolutely refuses to go with me (he went a couple times, and after my hour or so of indecisiveness and giving him crazy looks as I tell him that in no way do those two fabrics match, he called it quits). He should try going with my sister. I got all the fabric (uh, I hope) to make Korban a baby blanket. Yep, that's right, you heard it here first, his name is Korban. And some to make myself a maternity dress. I think I need some help with that. Maybe when Mom Nelson comes out next week?? Anyways, when I got home the house was clean! What a wonderful surprise! I'm still trying to figure out how Ben got so much done in so little time with Kennady hanging around. He says there was no secret. I'm not sure I believe it. Unless Kennady is just better behaved for him than she is for me. Uh, wait, she is better behaved for everyone than she is for me.

And today I just can't shake the feeling that I'm forgetting something.

No comments: