Monday, March 14, 2011

Lost and Found

First and foremost, Ben says to make sure you read his post below, because he hates having his influenced dimmed by my persistent posting. That's what he said.

Now, on with the blogging. We'll start with the found, because it's less depressing. Today we found this little guy.
Well, ok, we found his twin. The original Mom Ellis sent Kennady a long time ago and it's one of her favorite toys. But today we discovered Monkey cloned himself, because now we have two. We are kinda baffled where it came from. So, if you are missing a monkey, let me know and we'll give him back. At least I know she wasn't shop lifting, or he'd still have a tag on him.

Now for the lost. We lost an hour of sleep. Really, this morning wasn't so bad, because we don't have church until 11. Then we got home and took our afternoon nap. We accidentally slept until 6, and no one was hungry when we woke up, so we opted to skip real dinner and just eat popcorn and strawberry milkshakes. Fast forward to 10 pm. We are still awake, Kennady is running around like it's the middle of the day, and everyone is hungry. Time for quesadillas. We got Kennady to bed around 11. Obviously we are still up. I'm not really tired. I would try to go to bed anyways, but I already have heartburn (uh, hello, quesadillas avec salsa at 10:30, not such a good idea for the pregnant lady). Maybe we'll get to sleep in tomorrow? And by we I mean Kennady and I, because Ben has to get up and go to work.

Also lost: the ability to walk. Don't worry, I can still waddle very awkwardly. Yep, I'm officially in my third trimester. Except, I was hoping to save the extreme uncomfortableness for much later, when I can at least pray to go into labor. My sciatic nerve is very angry, making it extremely painful to move my left leg a certain way, which is part of the movement of normal walking. I hoping a trip to the chiropractor will help, but there's no guarantee. Sometimes the only thing that helps is getting a 2+ lbs child off of the nerve. This might turn out to be the longest 10 weeks of my life.

No comments: