Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 4

This is Mr. Bear. Ben gave him to me for my 21st birthday. This was just a few days after we met on our first date. I thought this guy must really like me to give me a teddy bear for my birthday, especially in front of all the guys that were there at my party. He got dressed in this crazy attire after I left him at home at Thanksgiving, and mom mailed him back to me. Ben never seemed to like him much, and I didn't understand why. On a trip down to Provo to meet Rob and Kristi, we spent some time hanging out at the laundromat (that his uncle owned and his brother worked at). We were building a sled. Anyways, Ben tried to drown the bear in the washing machine. I got him a matching bear for Christmas, Dr. Bear. And then he told me the real story behind the bear.

He'd been running late to my birthday party and had forgotten to get me a gift, so he grabbed this teddy bear, which happened to be a gift from an old girlfriend, and gave it to me, probably thinking he'd never see me or the bear again. Now Kennady has these two bears and plays with them all the time. She even has her own matching bear, Baby Bear, but unfortunately it got lost in our latest move. It's kind of become a tradition that everyone in our family has to have one of these little bears. I bet Ben never meant to start that.