Wondering what's all over her face? Strawberry milkshake. I had a gift certificate that I got for free to RC Willey, so we went and I got to pick something out. I picked out a hand-held blender, and spent $5 on it. It's sweet. Now I can make milkshakes without having to fetch the blender off the top of our cabinets (which is becoming rather treacherous). And it will mash potatoes. So, we had to try out the new toy, and we made milkshakes- Kennady's favorite. Strawberry milkshakes are a necessity when the weather turns warm. We'll just pretend like it doesn't keep snowing.
Sunday after church my cousin Mica and her girls Jovie (3 1/2) and Harper (1) showed up. Followed by Kendra and Eisley (5 months). I'm pretty sure the word to describe having a group of girls ages 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 1 and 5 months is CHAOS. I'm pretty sure all three moms are glad that we can only claim a portion of these girls. They did, mostly, have fun playing together. Except maybe Eisley, who really doesn't like to have her head or face touched, and that's all the older girls wanted to do.
But aren't they so cute?
Speaking of cute, my niece is adorable! Poor Kendra has to carry around a 17 lbs baby all day, but I think those cheeks make it worth it.
And here was our attempt to get a nice picture for Grandma. I happened to have matching dresses in the right size for these two, thanks to Ben's Mom and her awesome finds. Getting them both to look at the camera and smile was another story. This is as close as it got. I think Grandma will like it though.We've had so much fun with everyone here and we are exhausted. Kennady can't seem to get to bed before 11 pm, wakes up early with everyone else and refuses to take a nap with so much going on. And we've drug her around shopping all day.
Monday night we met up with Ben's family (they got here Monday morning) and we all went to a giant indoor trampoline arena, were we let Kennady literally bounce off the walls for an hour. Then out to eat. Kennady has been in full meltdown mode (well, only around mom and dad) since that night when we tried to put her to bed. Which means her parents are nearing meltdowns themselves. I think we need a tranquilizer.
More fun adventures are to come. We get to play with Ben's family for the rest of the week, and then next Thursday, Kennady and I are headed to Missouri for 2 weeks. I'm trying to figure out when I get to sleep. I think it's in 20 years from now.
And, another continuing saga, I started my physical therapy for my leg. After just one session, it feels sooooo much better. I can walk without being in pain. Dragging a toddler is still painful. Maybe we need some other kind of therapy to take care of that....or just a few years of growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment