Yesterday, Kennady had the best day ever. And the worst day ever. In one day. The whole morning we moved from one tantrum to the next about every little thing. And we are not talking small tantrums. Dad even got a phone call. She vehemently refused to take a nap. It got to the point where I was about to give away our circus tickets and call someone to come sit with her so I could have a break, and then she fell asleep. Maybe we shouldn't have let her go to the circus to teach her a lesson, but I don't know if it would have done much for a three year old. Plus I wanted to go. So we went. I figured there's nothing McNuggets and dancing elephants can't cure.
We went with our friends the Hodges. Kennady and Ella wore matching outfits, and had matching hair (mostly because Mindy saw my desperation as we showed up at their house with Kennady's hair everywhere from her crazy tantrums and nap). First we went to McDonald's for dinner and let the girls play. We let Kennady ride with Ella, and by the time we got there we were all in a better mood.
Then to the circus. Kennady LOVED it. It actually held her attention the entire time (3 hours). She was dancing and clapping and cheering. By the end (somewhere around 9:30), most kids her age were very tired, some asleep. Not Kennady (of course the cotton candy might have helped with that). She was bouncing up and down. Literally, she was trying to be like the guys on the bouncing stilts. She loved the tigers and elephants the most. As we were walking back to the car she asks, "now can we go play at Ella's house?" Once we coaxed her into her bed, she laid there talking to herself before finally drifting off to sleep 20 minutes later.
Korban wasn't the biggest fan of the circus, he said it was too loud.
I don't have any awesome pictures from the night, there was just too much going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment