We survived! Four months with two kids. And now that we are sleeping most nights, I think this will mostly get easier, for another, say, 10 years. To document this special occasion, we took family pictures. The fabulous Mindy took them, she also cut my hair, and Kennady's. Someday I might be as talented as she. Uh, I don't have them yet, but soon. There are a couple of the kids up on Facebook. Soon I will have them and post them here, first thing.
We also went to the doctor and got family shots. How fun! Korban got his 4 month shots and Kennady and I got flu shots. So here are Korban's 4 month stats: length 26" 90%, weight 17 lbs 80%, head 16 in 25%. He's a big boy. Except his head. I would give you Kennady's measurements to compare to, but I don't have them, I think we skipped her 4 month appointment. I can tell you that she was exactly the same size as Korban - when she was 8 months old.
Korban spends the majority of his time on his tummy. As soon as I lay him on his back he rolls over. He then scoots across the room. Not quite an army crawl, because he just plows his face into the carpet. If he ever stops sucking on his fist, I'm in trouble, because then he will be up and crawling in no time. He has also found his voice. And he likes to be noisy! Especially when it is time to sleep, he just wallers around in his crib squealing like a little piglet. He does this when I lay him on the floor too. I have a video. I'll post it. Later.
This past weekend we enjoyed General Conference that our church has twice a year. We went down to Rob and Kristi's to hang out with Ben's brothers and sisters. The boys made cinnamon rolls. Yumm! I didn't get to listen to nearly as much conference as I would have liked, but I love it when the printed version is available, because I can read over noisy kids :)
And can I just say that I'm really enjoying not being in Idaho right now? Apparently it snowed in Rexburg the other day. Our outdoor (albeit heated) pool was open until yesterday. Really, today is the first day it's felt like fall at all. Thursday it's supposed to be cold though, and we'll see our first mountain snow of the season. I am not looking forward to winter. But I am so excited that it doesn't last as long as it did in Idaho...or Alaska. In the next couple weeks we are looking forward to Grandma Ellis coming to visit, a trip to Aunt Kendra's, a couple birthday parties (Eisley's, Kennady's, mine, and Ella's), pumpkin carving, and Halloween! It's my favorite time of year.
Oh, and today I won a free pizza from Domino's, so I am looking forward to not cooking dinner (and yet not eating cereal).
No comments:
Post a Comment