Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Funny Girl

Before we get to the funny girl, here's an update on the boy. Korban is somewhere between 16 and 17 lbs, according to our new bathroom scale. He's about 26" tall, or long, whatever. Just for comparison, Kennady was this size when she was 8 1/2 months old. He's 3 1/2 months.

Ok, on to the funny girl. So I asked Kennady what she wanted for her birthday. Here's what I got (be prepared for a looong answer). Oh, and this is how each one went, she named something, I asked what kind, she'd usually say a color, and then I would ask "what does it do? or what is it for?"

Exercise thing (I got a foam roller for my workout and she wants one too I guess)
Hat, red
boat, pink, goes in the swimming pool
letters, LMNNOP, float in the water
flowers, purple or pink, PINK
soccer ball
hit ball, orange, Russell has one
button, pink, floats in the water
bed, pink, has Tinkerbell on it
Tinkerbell blankie
phone, floats in the water
piggy bank
table with birthday cake adn lights
book that reads to you, like Russells, but Winnie the Pooh, not an alien
lotion
grey pants
pillow, white
towel, floats on the water
cup, pink, bought at the store, a special one
clothes for Korban
hair ties and bows
Korban (I told her she already had one), a different one
binky for her
rabbit stickers
markers
candle
curtains (I told her she already had curtains), curtains again
colka nots (also known as polka dots), on flowers

At this point I felt like the conversation was a little unproductive, so I tried to explain that I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday, like presents that are wrapped up and then you unwrap them. She thought for a moment and continued....

taco

And then she laughed. Then she continued with her list.

monster hat
music player
church book with pictures
chair, for her feet

Then I asked what she wanted to do for her birthday.

play
Get feet like people have so she can walk (uh, too much Little Mermaid?)
Look in the mirror (Snow White?)
Play soccer ball
Get a crown
dance
buy glasses
play with Korban
read books
sew dots on Korban
get presents
go outside
go somewhere with Korban

Insert page break. So now I can tell completely unrelated stories on one blog post.
Kennady was looking at our blog and saw the picture of her. She says "That's my cat!" I asked her where that cat came from and she says, "When I was bigger, I got married and had a kitty cat in my tummy. Then I had to push it out at the doctor's."

Ok, last story.

I bought Kennady a piggy bank for her birthday. We have pretty limited storage space around here, so I stuck it in the top of my closet, facing the wall and called it good. Ben said I needed to do a better job. I said she wouldn't be able to see it, and even if she did, it just looked like a big circle.

Well, a couple of days later, she is jumping on my bed while I'm changing Korban's diaper and she says, "What's that?" and points to the pig. I pretend like I have no idea what she is talking about. "What's that??" I said, "What?" "That piggy bank. It's a piggy bank!!!" "Uhg, Kennady, that is not a piggy bank." "YES IT IS! IT'S A PIGGY BANK!" I promptly called Ben and told him he was right. Seriously, my child is ridiculously observant.

No comments: