Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Prequel

So I promised to fill you in on my weekend. Well, this is how it started: Friday night Kennady kept waking up, until around 4 a.m., when she started throwing up. Not that I was surprised. You see, for dinner that night I made German pancakes, which we usually put sour cream and brown sugar on, but we were out of sour cream. So in my attempt to improvise, I pulled the whipped cream out of the fridge and put it on the table, and then continued to make dinner and take care of Korban. Meanwhile, Kennady decided she wanted to eat the whipped cream. So she did. I saw her, but she wasn't eating that much and it was keeping her happy and letting me get things done, so my only attempt to stop her was to say "Kennady, wait for dinner," which, of course, did nothing. Then as we are sitting down for dinner, I noticed the whipped cream had the tinniest speck of mold on the lid. Ooops.

Once everyone woke up on Saturday, everything was good again, but it was too late, as all my plans for the day were in the early morning. I was going to go to the temple with my aunt and cousin, and was sad that I didn't get to. I did get to go to the grocery store that day. Twice. If that's any consolation, which maybe it is a little tiny bit because I got to go by myself.

Sunday we got up and went to church. Korban normally sleeps through most of church. Not this week. He had to eat twice during church and was fussy for the rest of it. By the end he looked miserable, sounded terrible, and had snot running out his nose. Uhg, another cold. It is summer! The highlight of the day was having some friends over for dinner for the pot roast I cooked. Korban slept that whole time. Then he was awake again...for pretty much the whole night. Poor guy. And poor mom and dad. No sleep Sunday night makes for a really bad Monday. Because Mondays are awful to begin with.

Mondays are hard for Kennady because she wants to play with Dad all day like she gets to on weekends. Also, Ben is gone all evening, so I get 15 hours of grumpy Kennady. Add a sick Korban on top of that, and, well, things aren't so hot. Korban just wanted to be held constantly, which means not nearly enough attention or supervision for Kennady. She threw a bazillion fits that day. She also managed to get the silly putty, which I know was hidden on the top shelf. Silly putty is stupid. Seriously, have you ever tried to get that stuff out of fabric, or carpet? It's not easy. The fact that it was lime green didn't help anything. All over Kennady's clothes, in her hair, on the carpet, all over her sheets, pillow and blankets. Uhg. That's what I got to do in the 45 minutes that Ben was home that day.

By the time Ben got home around 10:30 I was pretty much exhausted, considering I'd only gotten Kennady to bed 45 minutes before he got home. He took Korban and I took a shower, Then I was faced with a dilemma: dry my hair and risk waking the entire household or sleep on it wet and need another shower early the next morning before I could go out in public. Instead I decided to stay up a little longer and blog while my hair dried. I guess I forgot it takes hours and hours for my hair to dry. So after I finished my post I headed to bed, and woke up the next morning looking like a cockatiel. Luckily it wasn't so bad and was fixed with a straightener. Well, mostly fixed, I'm sure I looked a little funky...well maybe not for Utah.

Then I went to physical therapy where my new really tiny and pregnant therapist proceeded to kick my butt. She was mean. Not a mean person, but she was like, "They've only been having you do 20? Let's do 35." So today I feel a little like I was hit by a truck. The good news is I got promoted to once a week. And I have less than 10 lbs to lose to get back to that elusive pre-pregnancy weight (which is not nearly as elusive as that pre-college weight). Anyways, the rest of Tuesday was so much better than Monday.

No comments: