Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lucky

Normally I blog to brag on my children. Or remind myself why I love them so much when they are driving me up a wall. But today, I have a special treat for everyone out there in the blogosphere, I'm going to brag on this guy:

Isn't he handsome? And he's all mine :) We may have a squabble here and there, but after 4 years of marriage I feel so blessed to be married to him. And happy to say that I'm still very much in love with him.

What brought on all of this PDA? Aside from the fact that our anniversary this year was once again kind of hectic, since we had a newborn who STILL wasn't sleeping. Last night a bunch of us gals from the apartment complex here got together for a girl's night out. We kinda said no kids, only nursing babies, but didn't want to leave anyone out if the husband's couldn't watch the kids or they couldn't find a sitter. I was originally thinking I would take Korban, but Ben thought I should leave him. Then one of the gals shows up with her 10 month old non-nursing baby. Ben volunteered (without so much as a sideways glance from me) to watch her boy so we could have more fun (10 month olds don't exactly sit still and be quiet, especially after bed time). She quickly agreed, and then said, "Let me check with my husband." Who was apparently home and not busy. He agreed also. This gal told me later that her husband has to have his time. She not only is home with the baby all day, but is also the manager of the apartment complex, so she is working and very busy most days.

Ben stayed home with 3 kids while we went out to dinner. I thought he would take the boy home (they are very literally our next door neighbors) whenever he got tired and needed to go to bed. But when we got home, Ben had the little guy asleep on the couch. And he still had the living room clean. Amazing.

He also gets up at night with the kids. I sleep in a coma-like state. Even then, Kennady usually refuses me at night and only wants Daddy. Luckily, we are getting close to having both kids sleep through the night, and then I won't have to feel guilty anymore.

Did I mention he cooks? He does. He likes it. And he's good at it. His food is not only edible, it's delicious! Only rarely does he attempt to burn the kitchen down. He claims cooking is his hobby, and it helps him unwind. So sometimes when he gets home from work he cooks dinner, instead of playing with the kids. You're probably wondering when he gets his "me" time. Uh, I don't know. I guess he doesn't.

Unless you count volunteering at the hospital on Monday nights. Which, I think he might. He loves some of the work, likes most of it, and detests only some of it (which is actually stuff he isn't expected to do as a volunteer, but does anyways). He is just genuinely happy to be helping, and he likes that it's in a hospital and he occasionally gets to hear about cool stuff.

He's smart, too. I mean he works as a biomedical lab technologist and does stuff I don't even try to understand, and I'm not the dumbest cookie in the box. (Haha, that metaphor gets even sillier when you mix it up a little). He must be pretty good at what he does, since he did get a major promotion after only working there six months. He also rocked the MCAT pretty hard, especially when you consider he only crammed for a week.

He works hard. He has a full-time job and does some moonlighting. He's made it so I can stay home with the kids and not work (well, at least not get paid to work :) He used to do that while going to school. And he did it so well that we have no debt from his education, which is pretty incredible.

He loves our kids and is a wonderful dad. He enjoys playing with them, and even looks forward to the time he gets to spend with them. Kennady LOVES her daddy, and if you ask her the funnest thing she can think of doing in the whole world, she won't say going to the circus or zoo, she will say playing outside with daddy. In fact all the kids in our apartment complex love him. He is the one-man child entertaining machine. He can run around on all fours having fun and keep dozens of children happy at the same time. Kinda like the pied piper, without a pipe. He also is excellent with newborns and changes diapers. 

He does dishes and laundry. He sometimes will watch a chick flick with me. And I bet you didn't know it, but he's a poet. And a singer/songwriter. 

Pretty much he's just an all around wonderful guy. My only complaint is that he makes me look bad. That and he throws all dirty laundry directly into the washing machine, except his socks (yes, I know some of you would die to have a husband that does that).

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Cute post, sounds like you found yourself a winner! :)