Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions

I haven't really brought myself to make a New Year's resolution yet. I keep thinking that there are a lot of things that I would really like to do, and maybe if I could make some sort of commitment to do them I might actually get them done. But then if I didn't I would feel like a failure, at least a partial failure. So I am swaying back and forth between committing and forgetting. It's like when I make a to-do list everyday and at the end of the day the only things I can check off are things that Ben has done. I decided a few days ago to add "take a shower" to every to-do list, and then, maybe, I'll have one thing to check off that day- if I'm really lucky.

So if I were to make a resolution it would be to lose my baby weight, and then another 10 lbs, putting me somewhere around where I was when I met Ben. That would mean losing 35 lbs. Maybe I'm a wimp, but that seems like a lot. 3 lbs. a month. Hmm, that seems a little better. Except then I realize that I've gained 5 lbs in the last two weeks. Thank you cookies. I've loosely decided that, starting Monday (which is the official end of the holidays) I need to start eating better and exercising. The problem is that I can't decide to what extent to do either of these. I will say that this morning I worked out for 15 minutes. Ok, not much, but better than nothing. Maybe it burned off the calories I ate for breakfast. OK, maybe part of breakfast.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I know exactly what you mean. I keep telling myself that I'm going to start doing things, like working out, and then I do it for a couple days, then I'm done. Maybe this year will be diferent... haha.

The Ballard Family said...

Oh my! I am more of a newcomer to the life and times of your little family and had no idea how busy the last year was for you guys! Way to hang in there through lots of change. Especially pregnant. Wow, good deal. I'm glad to hear you're settling in for a few months in one place and looking forward to some fun times in 2009. I love your resolution struggle and to-do list alterations. Reminds me of someone I know...
I found the funniest to-do list ever. I think I shall post it on my blog. Perhaps you and I to-do-ers can learn something from it.
Anyway, thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I don't care what other compliments there are out there...when someone tells me I'm an "awesome mom" it absolutely makes my day.

The Ballard Family said...

Oh, also, if you want a good workout video that does it all and makes you feel groovy, you need yoga booty ballet. It changed my life. Your husband will get a kick out of watching you do it too. :)
Good luck in your endeavors. Really, I think it would only be fair if baby weight just disappeared after birth because honestly, don't we have enough to worry about after the baby comes anyway???
I guess it's good that men always like us a little meatier than we think we should be.
P.S. I'm sure you look stunning as is.
:)

munyer jerk chicken said...

i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that's waiting until tomorrow to change my life. i'm supposed to get up at 5:30 to go to curves... but it's now 11:05 and here i sit reading blogs instead of sleeping. oh well. i'll try really hard. be proud of your 15 minutes!
happy new year!