Sunday, January 11, 2009

1 Week Down, 51 To Go

Alright, so I'm a little slow with the blogging thing. Here's my list of excuses (aka what I've been doing instead of blogging this last week). Tuesday Kennady got her first round of shots. She was a real trooper, on the first shot she just made a sad face a whimpered a bit. The second shot she cried. The third shot she screamed. She was grouchy the next day. And she slept a lot. The next night she did not want to go to sleep at all. And then the next day she slept for a very long time.

I think we have a teenager baby. First, she doesn't like to go to bed before 1 am. Second, she likes to sleep until 1 or 2 pm. She gets very angry when she is woken up. Whenever she's upset and we finally fix the problem (feed, change her..etc) she stops crying, looks up at me, gives me a dirty look and puts in one last "Wah." At least she can't drive yet.

This week I kept my New Year's Resolutions. (I just had to check my previous blog entry to make sure that the last sentence was truthful). Thursday was a beautiful day so we Ben, Kennady, Dustin and I all went for a hike. I'll post pictures eventually. Saturday we worked out at the gym across the street. I'm really out of shape, so we jogged over there, I jogged on the treadmill for 5 minutes, and then I lifted weights for the rest of the time. I would tell you what kind of weights I was lifting or whatever, but I have no idea, I just did what Ben told me to do. Afterwards, I felt pretty good about myself. So maybe 20 minutes two times a week isn't a whole lot of exercise (and I don't care what Ben says, a 20 minute hike does count as exercise), but it's a whole lot more than I was doing. I also didn't drink any soda (despite the birthday party we had today). I think I need a goldstar.

Friday we went to Springfield to find fabric. There are no fabric stores in Branson. They even took the fabric department out of Wal-Mart. We found Kristal and got distracted at Cici's. Perhaps I should make not eating at all-you-can-eat pizza places a new resolution.

Mostly this last week I created a lot of to-do lists on which I marked off nothing. But I definitely enjoyed the time I got to spend with my husband and baby.

PS, we weighed Kennady (with clothes and wet diaper) and she was 11 lbs 5 oz. We figure that's around 11 lbs actual weight. She is getting big!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow! Where have all the comments gone? I guess I am not the only one who has been busy lately. I have a goal this week to catch up on everyone's blog so that I might earn your interest in checking out my blog as I start that up again.

I would agree about having a teenage baby. She sounds just like Jonathan. Thankfully he's working with me now and I can get him on to a regular sleep-work schedule.

I am glad to know you have a Ci-Ci's up there. They are the best! Well, once every other week. I went too many times these past couple weeks and now pants fit funny.