For the past two days I haven't left the house and I've barely gotten out of my pajamas. But it's ok. We had an ice storm, which means everything gets shut down. Mom didn't have to go to work, Dad didn't have to go to work and Ben's interviews were postponed. Dustin had to work all shifts because he's the only close enough to walk to work. We got in some awesome sledding. Ben made homemade cinnamon rolls by himself and they were delicious. I love having a husband that not only can and will cook, but does it so well. We've been eating way too much junk, but isn't that what snow days are about?
We've also been enjoying playing with Kennady. She's started laughing now, and it's so cute and also really funny. It's more of a chuckle than a giggle. Eventually either I'll get lucky enough or her laughing will get predictable enough that I'll catch it on the video camera.
She's also discovered that she has a right hand. The only thing she likes to do with it is stick it in her mouth. It's way better than a binky. She was a little mad when she discovered that her fingers didn't taste like cinnamon roll like grandpa's do. Now we know why she likes Grandpa so much.
This hand sucking thing drives Ben nuts and he's always pulling her hand out of her mouth. I can understand, because when she does get her hand in her mouth, after a few seconds of sucking she opens her hand and sticks her fingers down her throat, she gags and starts fussing.Ok, enough about the cute baby and her new tricks. Ben got a job! Yay! He starts Monday, deep cleaning condos. Ok, so it's not so glamorous, but it pays well, it's full-time and has benefits. That's more than I can say about any of my jobs.
1 comment:
Hurray for New jobs, laughing babies, and finger suckers. All are such good things. But I must say that my favorite was the picture of Kennay shoving he fist in her mouth. Way to go girl!
Post a Comment